1987 5.0 coupe with t-tops!!!!

t-top cars are rattle traps. Most of them leak even with new weather stripping sets.

+1

I garage my car, never drive it in rain or snow, and I have to put towels on the seats when I wash it to catch the water leaks. I also wedge thin strips of foam into different parts of the t-tops to avoid squeaking and rattling.

... And I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Okay, first off, don't hate on the T-tops. Sure they rattle, leak, and squeak....but on that perfect day with the roof off they are the greatest thing ever.

With that being said WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!! I have only seen a Fox3 T-Top notch once. And it was awesome. Regardless of how bad condition its in we need pictures.

If you bought it cheap, and dont owe anything for it then keep it, let it sit in your yard if you have to, there are ways to store cars outside without ruining them. Buy a decent cover for it, get a 40x40 tarp and put it on the ground so it is double layered, then get a 50x50 tarp, and double that one up covering the car, i used to store my mustang like this on pavement minus the tarp on the ground, and what i would do is jack the car up, wrap the tarp around the tires, and it would create a pretty tight seal, snow didnt even make it under the car.

If you sell it, you will kick yourself in the ass later, cause from this point on fox mustangs will NEVER depreciate in value.

I think it's a good deal! I passed up on a 4 eyed Ttop notch here.100% rust free it was missing the seats and column i think? Interior was shot no motor no trans. Since i wasent working i couldnt get it :( As far as i know he still has it and if i get working and have an extra $500 laying around i'm picking it up! peace

john:p

The T-roof option was not available on the two-door sedan (notch) after the '84 model year. Any '85+ T-roof notch found thusfar has been converted after it left Dearborn Assembly. If this one is the real deal it will have the codes on the VC Label (door sticker) and Buck Tag (metal tag stapled to radiator support, behind driver-side headlamp) to prove it.

I've been doing some research on this myself and it seems that you are correct. Kind of disappointing though. :(
what do you mean converted after it left dearborn assembly the t-top option was done at cars and concepts .are you saying that dealerships did this option on the notchbacks or that someone took a foureye t-top notch and converted over to an aero t-top notch.either way i would love to see pics as well and t-top cars are awesome!!!!!!!!!

32 posts and i still have not seen a T-topped notch yet. :(

Guy over on corral.net is converting his '84 SVO to t-tops all by himself in his garage. It's in the "Body shop" forum if anyone wants to take a look. Great job he did.

Okay, first off, don't hate on the T-tops. Sure they rattle, leak, and squeak....but on that perfect day with the roof off they are the greatest thing ever.

+1.
I only drive my car on nice sunny days. I only have the OEM sunroof, but during the summer, it was basically in my living room for 2 months straight. I'd basically just leave it out because I was only driving when it was warm and sunny..and then just put it in the garage and cover it...so no need to put it back in.

If i had t-tops....they would just sit in my living room too. :)

+1.
I only drive my car on nice sunny days. I only have the OEM sunroof, but during the summer, it was basically in my living room for 2 months straight. I'd basically just leave it out because I was only driving when it was warm and sunny..and then just put it in the garage and cover it...so no need to put it back in.

If i had t-tops....they would just sit in my living room too. :)

when i bought my 88 t-top from new jersey and drove it back to michigan it sure made that long drive nice on that sunny day.i love them for the look as well you can see th interior better with them off.i sold it because of the frame rot and bought my current 87 with t-tops.i do know someone that has a t-top notch in oregon but i haven't seen pics yet.i think it is also an 87 as well would love to get my hands on it.

what do you mean converted after it left dearborn assembly the t-top option was done at cars and concepts .are you saying that dealerships did this option on the notchbacks or that someone took a foureye t-top notch and converted over to an aero t-top notch.either way i would love to see pics as well and t-top cars are awesome!!!!!!!!!

Yea all ttop cars are converted hardtop cars. I met a guy in my town that used to work at Cars and Concepts and he said they did 100 convertible and ttop conversions a DAY!

i have a connection to a 92? notch with t-tops for 150 bucks. it was in a junkyard, matter of fact, i pulled alot of the interior out myself. its in my notch now.

is it worth grabbing? it is definately a project car, lots of stuff here and there missing. missing; dash parts, been sitting in the weather with no door and no windshield, no interior from front seats back thanks to me, and some other stuff.

ill see if i can get pics, but don't yell at me about it. car is about 90 minutes away.

I can't say whom did the conversion, or how, or when. I can say that unless the VCL, Buck Tag, and Build Sheet is produced with the proper codes for the T-roof option, it was NOT ordered that way through DAP.

Yes, Cars & Concepts did the conversion for DAP. Those conversions would have the T-roof codes on the VCL/Buck Tag/Build Sheet. Cars & Concepts or their authorized installers also did conversions for customers after the vehicles left DAP. OR an owner did the conversion themsleves, which Mustang5L5 gave an example of. (That example -- the SVO -- is another model that the T-roof option was not available on.) Those conversions would NOT have the T-roof codes on the VCL/Buck Tag/Build Sheet.

32 posts and i still have not seen a T-topped notch yet. :(

Guy over on corral.net is converting his '84 SVO to t-tops all by himself in his garage. It's in the "Body shop" forum if anyone wants to take a look. Great job he did.

Just to show you how much I feel your pain...I dug this beauty up..
DSC02458.jpg

I can't say whom did the conversion, or how, or when. I can say that unless the VCL, Buck Tag, and Build Sheet is produced with the proper codes for the T-roof option, it was NOT ordered that way through DAP.

Yes, Cars & Concepts did the conversion for DAP. Those conversions would have the T-roof codes on the VCL/Buck Tag/Build Sheet. Cars & Concepts or their authorized installers also did conversions for customers after the vehicles left DAP. OR an owner did the conversion themsleves, which Mustang5L5 gave an example of. (That example -- the SVO -- is another model that the T-roof option was not available on.) Those conversions would NOT have the T-roof codes on the VCL/Buck Tag/Build Sheet.

what do i have to look at with the buck tag for a t-top code ?i know on the sticker on the driver side door jam it has the letter for the t-top option.