248A Optioned 97 I have some Questions?

Drew1287

Mar 13, 2003
Louisiana
I just was reading and figured out my 97 is a 248A optioned car! I have the cloth interior, no power windows or locks, but I do have cruise? Also my axles tag show 2.73s but the rear end was replaced could they have maybe messed up and put a suckier rear in the car? Where can I find how many were made and would my vin reflect this, where can I confirm my beliefs!

• Sponsors (?)

Drew1287 said:
I just was reading and figured out my 97 is a 248A optioned car! I have the cloth interior, no power windows or locks, but I do have cruise? Also my axles tag show 2.73s but the rear end was replaced could they have maybe messed up and put a suckier rear in the car? Where can I find how many were made and would my vin reflect this, where can I confirm my beliefs!

There should be a sticker on the door sill of the driver's side door. It lists the manufacturing date among other things and will have an axle code listed. The axle codes for traction lock rear ends are: M = 2.73, E = 3.27, W = 3.73, Z = 3.08 and R = 3.45. If you have something else post it and I'll look it up. :nice:

Sam98 said:
There should be a sticker on the door sill of the driver's side door. It lists the manufacturing date among other things and will have an axle code listed. The axle codes for traction lock rear ends are: M = 2.73, E = 3.27, W = 3.73, Z = 3.08 and R = 3.45. If you have something else post it and I'll look it up. :nice:

I think R = 3.55.