351 Cleveland swapped MII

• Sponsors (?)

Well the surgery has begun. Here’s the oil pan in stock form.

Attachments

• IMG_0705.jpeg
    IMG_0705.jpeg
    747.2 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: 1 user
I will tack it tomorrow. Test for crank clearance. Then test fit for steering rack clearance. I’m pretty sure this is as much as I want to cut down the pan. I probably have more room, but I want to make sure I have plenty of crank clearance. If I still have interference with steering rack, I’ll be raising the engine the rest of the amount needed.

Maybe you could whip up a crank scraper or built in partial windage tray
Oh screw it I just want to to see it in the CAR!

Set in perfectly with zero clearance issues. The 2x4 was to reduce strain on the motor mounts since I don’t have a tranny in yet. Il’l get this pulled back out today and finish up the welds and patches. Then on to the harder issue of headers if anyone knows of a header solution, please let me know ASAP I know headman used to make a set but stopped years ago man I’d like to get my hands on a set
IMG_0721.jpeg

• Loved It!
Reactions: 1 users
Seriously jealous of the shop space. I've been stuck working out of a roughly 9x16 mudroom/3 seasons room that I've started construction on and my stuff is pretty cramped. The cars are relegated to the 30x40 pad I had poured a few years ago that I have to run everything back and forth to. The plan is to get my garage built there, maybe next year by the way things are going right now, then hopefully I'll be in something of the same boat. :cross: I'm itching to get to it!!

1692291410218.png

It looks like the Cleveland is gonna sit in there nicely as long as you can get the exhaust sorted! I never knew anyone who shoehorned one into a II but there was someone who put one in a Fairmont back in high school. He had the thing pretty cobbled together with a Chevy 10 bolt rear if I remember correctly. He brought it out one night and wanted to line them up just for :poo:s and :Ds. I took him with my stock 302, but not by very much. I don't remember much about that car other than the rear tires looked REALLY odd as the 10 bolt was way too wide for the car. I think with a little bit of work and the right parts that that car would've been a little bit of a terror - kinda like what you've got started! :rock:

. Then on to the harder issue of headers if anyone knows of a header solution, please let me know ASAP I know headman used to make a set but stopped years ago man I’d like to get my hands on a set
For a Cleveland in a II not counting the fender well exit ones? All the ones I have seen for the 302 have 1 1/2" tubes which would be small for you motor. You might be better off getting a bigger tube set from for a older Stang and cut and move. You seem to have the skill. Love the Fox you got there.

Seriously jealous of the shop space.
Oh, me too. I have been working out of a two car garage my whole life and the one side either had another car or as is now, motorcycles. Can't even open both doors at one time. So it is like working in a one car garage.

Love the Fox you got there.
Thanks. I built that 15 years ago for my son. He has taken great care of it ever since.

I like the way the green Fox body has spilled all over the floor.
Lol. I’m not sure what’s going on there. Some weird thing with the lighting and my phone. I promise the floor isn’t really green. Although it would look pretty cool.

• Clever