5.4 swap on a 00gt *pics inside*

fomocofive0

Aug 11, 2010
Engine blew in my 2000 GT so I decided to go with a 5.4. I have flat tops which should put me around 11.1, a set of comp cams and pocket ported heads. Not sure what it will do power wise, but I think it will be a fun daily driver. Have no intention of being the fastest, just wanted a fun tire shreader!
Let me know what you think. (wish i would have started taking pics sooner)

PICT0110.jpg

PICT0111.jpg

PICT0112.jpg

PICT0113.jpg

PICT0114.jpg

PICT0116.jpg

PICT0117.jpg

PICT0118.jpg

PICT0119.jpg

PICT0138.jpg

PICT0136.jpg

View attachment 211754
PICT0132.jpg

PICT0130.jpg

PICT0133.jpg

PICT0129.jpg

PICT0121.jpg

PICT0122.jpg

PICT0126.jpg

PICT0127.jpg

PICT0124.jpg

PICT0138.jpg

PICT0105.jpg

PICT0106.jpg

th_CLIP0108.jpg
th_CLIP0109.jpg

The bottom 2 are videos of the engine on the sim test machine @ the shop.
Hope this wasnt too many pics...more to come!

• Sponsors (?)

Looks nice. I think a 5.4 with that much compression, heads and cams should get you in the neighborhood of 400 hp, maybe more. The torque is gonna be serious. I don't see any intake spacers, what intake did you use...??

Thanks for all the comments...except the one about the mechanic.. that hurts..lol I did use the professional products spacers and intake. I just painted them black to try to conseal them some.

what are you using for headers? I have always wondered if someone made headers for this kind of app.

I am using stock manifolds for now..I may end up putting shorties on it later. I have heard there is a company that makes longtubes for the 5.4 but there was no way I was going to fight those things. There is no room left with that thing and I am not sure if 4.6 tuned headers would fit. I had to trim the passengers side manifold to clear the inner fenders.

planing the same swap in my 97 , awesome progress your making , using plates with the PI intake ? keep us posted.

Yeah It has the professional products adaptor plates and professional products intake. Thanks for the comment. I should be getting it back from the tuner in the next few days. Ill try to get a dyno vid to share with you guys.

I am using stock manifolds for now..I may end up putting shorties on it later. I have heard there is a company that makes longtubes for the 5.4 but there was no way I was going to fight those things. There is no room left with that thing and I am not sure if 4.6 tuned headers would fit. I had to trim the passengers side manifold to clear the inner fenders.
I tried using BBK equal length shorty headers when I did my 5.4 conversion but it was rubbing the fender well so I used the stock exhaust manifolds. There is a company that makes a set of headers specifically for this swap (I think it's Kooks but not sure) but they cost like $700+ so I don't know if it's worth it. The Ford Racing short tube headers should fit, and they are better than the stock manifolds. Are you gonna delete the EGR valve...?? What X-Pipe are you gonna use...??

I think it's cool when people do the non-traditional things like this, when there's a ton of naysayers that say the 5.4 can't/won't make good power. :nice: I personally think you should've kept the bay white though, but that's just me.

I tried using BBK equal length shorty headers when I did my 5.4 conversion but it was rubbing the fender well so I used the stock exhaust manifolds. There is a company that makes a set of headers specifically for this swap (I think it's Kooks but not sure) but they cost like $700+ so I don't know if it's worth it. The Ford Racing short tube headers should fit, and they are better than the stock manifolds. Are you gonna delete the EGR valve...?? What X-Pipe are you gonna use...??

I have all of the EGR hooked up. It has a modified bassani X pipe. It looks to me from the pics that the upr shorties would fit.

You need to do something with that alternator it throws off the whole engine. Should be fun.

I said the same thing..I tried to take the one in the pic apart to paint or powdercoat the housing, it broke. So I got aggravated and put a new one on it. I will prob go in for the kill it a brush or paint pen. It bugs me.

I think it's cool when people do the non-traditional things like this, when there's a ton of naysayers that say the 5.4 can't/won't make good power. :nice: I personally think you should've kept the bay white though, but that's just me.

I went back and forth with the engine bay.. But it looked like hell.. and paint was chipping on the fenders and it was mostly yellow (i live on a dirt road) I cleaned it up and that didnt help..so I went black...looks great in person.