5 lug swap brake identification needed

You can narrow it down using external fitting sizes.

From the pic, it looks like the front fitting (rear brakes) is larger than the rear fitting (front brakes). So front is likely an M12 fitting and rear is M10. You can se in the chart below the potential MC's. 1987+ cars use metric fittings.

1704911023157.png

I wouldn;t lose sleep over what MC is on the car now. How do the brakes feel?

If you swap to 99-04 Cobra brakes, your piston surface area decreases 18%. That means your pedal effort will go up slightly. Can you live with a little more pedal effort from what you have now? If not, a 93 cobra booster might be the answer.

Didn't mean to make more work for you. If you like your current brakes and how they perform, just replace the rotors/pads and call it a day. Ir if you want you can use it as an opportunity to upgrade to 13" brakes up front. (assuming you have 17" wheels on the car).

The benefits of the 13" brakes over your current 99-04 PBR's is appearance, as well as less fade on repeated stops. One hard stop on both brake systems will likely snow no significant difference. The cobra 13" brakes start to shine when you start making consecutive aggressive stops.

• Useful
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

No idea how they feel while driving, I've never driven this fox. Thank you guys so much for all this info! For now, I'm going to replace pads and rotors all around and get the car running (been working from the ground up). So close!

Reactions: 1 user