68 KR Shelby, going to waste

jrscobra

Founding Member
May 29, 2002
Southern United States
in 1968, my dad and a friend drove to Knoxville and bought a 1968 shelby GT 500 KR in blue. he is the original owner and he and my dad drove the car back home where it spent many years on the street here in Chattanooga.

Well, about ten years ago, this guy has some very serious medical problems and is literally bed ridden for over ten years. My dad went by to see him on occasion and always came home talking about this car. Since this man has been ill, he has been moved in with his sister and is in no shape to do anything with this shelby. I have tried to buy this car twice and so far have been unsuccessful. he says he will never sell it. I am going back tomorrow to take pics of the car just to have them. Its a manual transmission and i believe the color is Acupulco blue. The car is in horrible shape. Its all complete and just sitting in a driveway under a car cover. Rat droppings all over the interior.

I just wanted to vent about a car just sitting and ruining.

Jaime

• Sponsors (?)

i dont think ill get the chance to buy from his estate. ive offered to buy the car twice when i was in a situation to buy, but now with a new job, i dont think spending that kind of dough on a car is feasible.

im still going back to take pics.

jaime

If your not at all intersted on the car and find out that the car is for sale please do inform me.

Depending on the asking price I have cash ready to make an investment like this plus I will hapily give a finder's reward. :)

I know a guy that was a Ford mechanic at a dealership in my hometown. There was an old guy that had an all original '40 ford coupe with low that he wanted to buy so bad, but the guy wouldn't sell. The guy passed away and he waited for a period of time for them to grieve and was going to go talk to them about buying the car, before he could do so they contacted him, the old guy had left it in his will to the mechanic.

Try a different approach, tell him you can restore it to its previous glory and let him drive it. Or of he's too bad off at least take him for a ride in it. Its worth a try...