70 or 75 mm tb for a 300 horse 4.6?

lman657

Aug 31, 2003
Hey guys,

the p&p headswap/cams/headers/clutch/exhuast/injectors/maf project is nearly done!

Do you guys think i should go w/ a 70 or 75 mm BBK throttle body for my mustang with 24# injectors and C&L 80mm maf?

Thanks!
Lance

• Sponsors (?)

lman657 said:
Hey guys,

the p&p headswap/cams/headers/clutch/exhuast/injectors/maf project is nearly done!

Do you guys think i should go w/ a 70 or 75 mm BBK throttle body for my mustang with 24# injectors and C&L 80mm maf?

Thanks!
Lance

what the hell kind of advice is this???

what year mustang do you have? if you don't have a plenum yet get one. Without it a TB won't do you any good but maybe a 1hp gain. Get the plenum and TB together.

getting a bigger TB without an aftermarket plenum will SLOW the velocity of the air coming in the intake therefore losing power. Do it right the first time..

Won't a larger plenum slow the air down as well? :shrug: More flow, but less velocity at a specific rate of airflow.

I'd like to know what kind of intake he has, if he has a Bullitt we might look a little stupid telling him to get a plenum. :nice:

hey guys,

I'd like to spring for the plenum, however, i've already over-exerted my funds so far. Would it be possible, for the time being, to port the upper intake? I've got all the tools from porting heads, and use that for now until i can work up the money for it? I've been trying to go by the philosophy of "do it right the first time" but the 200 bucks more for an upper intake might be pushing it, as you can see, i've already dumped quite a lot of money into this project.

Thanks,
Lance

lman657 said:
hey guys,

I'd like to spring for the plenum, however, i've already over-exerted my funds so far. Would it be possible, for the time being, to port the upper intake? I've got all the tools from porting heads, and use that for now until i can work up the money for it? I've been trying to go by the philosophy of "do it right the first time" but the 200 bucks more for an upper intake might be pushing it, as you can see, i've already dumped quite a lot of money into this project.

Thanks,
Lance

If you're doing everything else, I can't see skipping on the plenum. I went from a ported stock plenum to a C&L and Accufab 75mm TB and felt a very noticable gain. More than I did from my Dr. Gas X-pipe even...

Frank 03GT said:
If you're doing everything else, I can't see skipping on the plenum. I went from a ported stock plenum to a C&L and Accufab 75mm TB and felt a very noticable gain. More than I did from my Dr. Gas X-pipe even...

true... you running the Accufab 75MM TB and the C&L intake will run you more lean than you actually want the car to run.

Iman, you can P&P the upper stock plenum and put the Accufabs 70MM TB for now and later switch to C&L's upper plenum.

Gino that would be his fault for not telling us what kind of mustang he has. :)

I got a pretty badass n/a 2v myself so I can say with some type of authority to go 75mm ACCUFAB all the way...for the few extra bucks it blows BBK away in quality and performance....this might help also..from an independent test:

TBCompareTest2.jpg

TBCompareTQ2.jpg

The 70mm is probably adequate and will probably give you more torque than the 75mm, but if you aren't finished with your mods the 75mm may be the way to go... :nice:

OK...I didn't see the previous post the first time around...sounds like 75 is the way to go. :D