$75 for 1 barrel of crude oil...

• Sponsors (?)

I think its a vicious cycle and it will continue, which means prices will go back down, just not anytime soon.

A lot of us just happen to be younger guys going through school and it seems to hit us a bit harder bc what small income we have goes towards payin bills. $3/gallon adds up and makes a difference after a while.

Things will get better, but not before Exxon/Mobil posts some more record profits.

Yeah, I am glad I am over here and i don't need to drive anywhere...
Also my car is paid for, when gas hits $5 I will buy cheap used parts cause no one will want their cars muahaha

I think i will learn how to ride a bike while I am over here and maybe pick on up when i get home.

The oil companies can make up any excuse they want to raise gas prices, who is going to stop them. Hurricanes, war in iraq, problems in the middle east, etc. We can't do anything about it unless you plan on riding your bicycle from now on. Our government won't do anything about it either because these big oil companies help fund their campaigns and line their pockets with money.
My .02 on the whole thing

helty said:
A lot of us just happen to be younger guys going through school and it seems to hit us a bit harder bc what small income we have goes towards payin bills. $3/gallon adds up and makes a difference after a while.
Unfortunately, rising gas prices always hit the poor hardest. Effectively creating a new poor tax.

I just don't understand that why all these situation suddenly have so much impact on gas price. I mean instability in middle east, hurricane, and Seyyed Ruhollah Khomeini(known as Ayatollah) bashing us is nothing new. its been going on for years, and haven't effect gas price as it has in the past 4 years:shrug:

mity2 said:
I just don't understand that why all these situation suddenly have so much impact on gas price. I mean instability in middle east, hurricane, and Seyyed Ruhollah Khomeini(known as Ayatollah) bashing us is nothing new. its been going on for years, and haven't effect gas price as it has in the past 4 years:shrug:
they have seen over the last few years that they can raise prices and we will bitch & moan but keep buying so now they know they can do as they please and continue to pad their pockets. Didn't the CEO of Exxon/Mobile just retire and got a 400million dollar retirement package? But they aren't making anymore money then before!....sure OK :mad:

Complicated situation here... not that I agree with any of it. We went into Iraq for oil. If you think otherwise you are clueless... we will go into Iran with all sorts of excuses... for oil. Venezualla is afraid that they are on our list. They are. All of them, till it runs out which is soon. In the mean time we will fight over it and I love my car so go kick their asses... :p

Get ready to pay $4.00 a gallon and be okay with it.

And OPEC will get richer and own us. But I love my car. Then we will kill them... they are more clueless than us... :uzi:

GDawg said:
we will go into Iran with all sorts of excuses... for oil.

I hope not. Think about where they are located. Because this is what i think what would happen if we attack Iran. I;m not pro analyzer. So i'm open for opinion/suggestion/counter opinion

They(Iran) are in located in such area that makes it very easy to take control of one of perhaps most important strait in the middle east region - Strait of Hormuz, where almost 100% of oil tanker depart from Persian gulf have to cross. We attack Iran, Iran will close off the strait with force. simple as that.
View attachment 474985
They close that strait, price of clude oil WILL skylocket so high that makes $75/barrel look like pocket change, and we'll be owned. Remenber Iran did do that back in Mid 80's. So they'll do it again
Then Iran would prolly attack American force stationed in Iraq. Since most the insurgents that are still conducting gerrira warfare would support Iran(despite of past difference), and turn up the heat on US solders in Iraq with IED or prohaps(and most likely) more advanced weapons provided by Iran. Just think what happened to USSR in afganistan when those insurgents got supported by another nation(reads US) so willingly provided modern weapons? Can u say another Vietnam???
Iran recently made the commented not so good to Israel. Iran pointedly announced that its Shahab-3 ballistic missile was now operational. The missile can reach Israel, and Iran has 25 to 100 of them. Defense Minister Ali Shamkhrani crowed that Iran was now "ready to confront all regional [read: Israeli] and extra-regional [read: American] threats.
If US strikes Iran, its easy to imagine that Iran would, and will mostlikely shoot off few of these in to islael. As iran and Islael aren't the bestest friend. And i would think anti-american feel would quickly spread among Islaeli people.
With Oil tanker not able to pass through above mentioned strait, then that would piss off $$$ hungry SaudiArabian oil ticoon, and would no longer support US to protect its interest. meaning We basically lose all the control over middle eastern region, and say hello to $200~$300 for the barrel of oil(who knowz what it will be at the pump...)

What you guys think?

I just think about rising gas costs like this.

If my 15.7 gallon tank were completely empty, at $2.759 per gallon, it costs me $43 to fill it. At $3.00 a gal, it's $47. That's only an extra 4 bucks. Big whoop. I spend twice that on coca-cola every few days.

Stupid logic, but it makes me feel better.

sgarlic said:
I just think about rising gas costs like this.

If my 15.7 gallon tank were completely empty, at $2.759 per gallon, it costs me $43 to fill it. At $3.00 a gal, it's $47. That's only an extra 4 bucks. Big whoop. I spend twice that on coca-cola every few days.

Stupid logic, but it makes me feel better.

I think the SAME way. Glad to see i'm not alone LOL I usually go out and spend like $20 on breakfast and lunch every few days. LOL i figure if i just cut down on doing that i can save for gas :nice:

It is stupid logic, but hey, works for me :)

Another common thing i do with this logic i have is this: If installing headers is going to cost me $300 labor, and i do it myself, i just SAVED $300... $300 that i now can put towards more mods for the car :nice: Most people would say that i didn't SAVE $300...i just didn't SPEND the $300. I like to think of the money as "already gone for labor installation charges"...so i consider it saving :)

My family and I went on vacation this last week and filled up at this out of the way gas station, the pumps only went to 99.99 (were not digital) and my dads suburban took 40 gallons=120 bucks. It was funny watching the pump roll over. But yeah gas prices suck balls right now

Drive a Honda ? NO!

I think that we are being herded like sheep. $3.00 dollars a gallon for reg today in two months after it hits $4.00 dollars a gallon we will be happy to pay $3.00.What ever happened to the congressional hearing with the oil companies?
It is a shame that we are being manipulated by our own selfishness. Back in the day we as a nation would stand up, join together and kick some butt. Nowadays we are manipulated by the press and worry only about ourselves, not each other. If it doesn’t affect me I don’t care mentality. What were you doing different two weeks after 911 that you weren’t doing two weeks before 911?

Everyone has seen the emails going around wanting everyone to buy gas from one company to start a price war. It is a great idea and it would work. It would take more than just a few people to work and we cannot be bothered with such silliness. We do not have the time to go to one supplier for a month or two to make an impact. Let the other guy do it.
Maybe one day we will again join together as a nation and stop trying to be so damn politically correct and take care on the rest of the world and take care of ourselves.
Let me get off of the soap box.
Gas prices around the world from $5.64 a gallon to $0.14 a gallon
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/price.html

mity2 said:
I hope not. Think about where they are located. Because this is what i think what would happen if we attack Iran. I;m not pro analyzer. So i'm open for opinion/suggestion/counter opinion

They(Iran) are in located in such area that makes it very easy to take control of one of perhaps most important strait in the middle east region - Strait of Hormuz, where almost 100% of oil tanker depart from Persian gulf have to cross. We attack Iran, Iran will close off the strait with force. simple as that.
View attachment 474791
They close that strait, price of clude oil WILL skylocket so high that makes $75/barrel look like pocket change, and we'll be owned. Remenber Iran did do that back in Mid 80's. So they'll do it again
Then Iran would prolly attack American force stationed in Iraq. Since most the insurgents that are still conducting gerrira warfare would support Iran(despite of past difference), and turn up the heat on US solders in Iraq with IED or prohaps(and most likely) more advanced weapons provided by Iran. Just think what happened to USSR in afganistan when those insurgents got supported by another nation(reads US) so willingly provided modern weapons? Can u say another Vietnam???
Iran recently made the commented not so good to Israel. Iran pointedly announced that its Shahab-3 ballistic missile was now operational. The missile can reach Israel, and Iran has 25 to 100 of them. Defense Minister Ali Shamkhrani crowed that Iran was now "ready to confront all regional [read: Israeli] and extra-regional [read: American] threats.
If US strikes Iran, its easy to imagine that Iran would, and will mostlikely shoot off few of these in to islael. As iran and Islael aren't the bestest friend. And i would think anti-american feel would quickly spread among Islaeli people.
With Oil tanker not able to pass through above mentioned strait, then that would piss off $$$ hungry SaudiArabian oil ticoon, and would no longer support US to protect its interest. meaning We basically lose all the control over middle eastern region, and say hello to $200~$300 for the barrel of oil(who knowz what it will be at the pump...)

What you guys think?

Sunday Times: 40,000 Iran suicide bombers ready to hit US, UK targets
By Associated Press April 16, 2006

Tehran has trained suicide bombers to attack British and American targets if Iran's nuclear sites are attacked, a newspaper reported Sunday. The paper quoted unidentified Iranian officials as saying 40,000 Iranian suicide bombers have been trained and are ready for action.
Quotes from http://web.israelinsider.com/Articles/Diplomacy/8265.htm

I think that we should force the paper to recant the story claiming that the number of suicide bombers ready to become martyrs that Iran has is incorrect. Right after we NUKE the idiots and make it 40 million martyrs. Then we ask the rest of the Middle East who wants to join them.

Tehran has brainwashed teenage suicide bombers to attack British and American targets if Iran's nuclear sites are attacked
Fixed.

But about the suicide bumbers. I forgot about them. Yes they were very effective when they were used against Iraq army back in early part of Iran/Iraq war. there is no reason to think suicide bumbers won't be used again..