Build Thread 84ttop: I Suck At Updating This Thread...

very possible...

easy way to tell is set them full tight and have you and another guy lift the front. then go like full tight and try it again. make sure there is a difference.

or just call mark and open up the piggy bank

• Sponsors (?)

very possible...

easy way to tell is set them full tight and have you and another guy lift the front. then go like full tight and try it again. make sure there is a difference.

or just call mark and open up the piggy bank
I've already talked to Mark about it lol. If there is any doubt tonight when I tear into the car I will be biting the bullet

Reactions: 1 users
I guess the biggest reason I felt the need to describe in detail how bad our weekend was race wise is to show the side of things that no one ever talks about. Sure I would love for everything to be perfect but the reality was far from that this weekend. We still have our heads held high and will get back at it next week or so
Like the conversation we had this is reality but it's worth it the thrill is all worth it man . And when it's going good we all know it's more then good it's great !

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
Here is some of the video footage from this past weekend. I'm still working on getting the rest of it all together. You will see the passes that we made in order first in real time then slow motion, with the exception for the pass we left in 2nd gear hahaha. You can see in the later video's that the car hooks on the hit and carries the wheels for a short time before blowing the tires off with the front in the air. After looking at the car in close detail last night I have found a few things that will get some attention and will hopefully get this issue sorted out. We have come to find that the tuning window to make this Gen 1 tire work with 1300+hp is exceptionally small.. The Pro Radial has a much larger window and is considerably more forgiving! I have a neat video of Kris pedaling during first round of qualifying from inside the car, it's a true testament to how much work goes on inside the car. More to come

View: https://youtu.be/fCi0Am7_fxs

Reactions: 2 users
It's really awesome to see the rear suspension work in slow motion . I think the idea from the guy who built the shock was to unload the rear enough to carry the car forward . So that it did not get all up on the back tire again .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

It almost looks like the rear of the car jumps instead of squatting just after the initial hit, but that's just an uneducated observation.
correct... which is what you want. with this much power and trying to dead hook a tire with no bars what you want to do is drive the tire into the track with loose extension on the shock and tight compression to keep it digging into the track.

after seeing the slow mo video im thinking looser on extension tighter on compression and full tight on the front unless those struts are shot. then that will change what im thinking up front

Reactions: 2 users
I guess it's counter intuitive then. Seems like you'd want the chassis moving down to keep weight on the tires which would be loose(r) compression and a tight extension and a tight front end.

Exactly what @srtthis is saying. The trick is to drive the front end forward not up. We seem to be good at getting it on the bumper... if only it were a wheelie contest?!? Lol

Reactions: 3 users
It was cool to hear all the advice being given to you guys over the weekend . All the convos we had from our street cars to race cars made things a lot clearer on how the suspension should work in a situation like this .

In case anyone forgot about the first trip out in this car a few years back, lmfao...
Wheelie 2.jpg

And I was excited to see daylight under my drivers side front tire back in the day. Sheeesh!:rolleyes:
Definitely some dark magic getting big power down on small tires. I would love to be at the track and see your car make a clean pass. Just awesome.

Thought it might be something like that.
The car has "stock" location chassis mounting points. The lower torque boxes are original and the uppers have been replaced with an S box, bars are in the stock location holes.
The mounting points on the rear have been changed slightly to accommodate the 9 some inches cut out of the rear and 9" fabricsted housing