Accident... My 88GT is wrecked!!! pics inside..

• Sponsors (?)

Insurance said its a total loss. So i will buy it back from the insurance company and decide what to do with it. Part it or fix it. They said I have to pay the salvage price, and i get it back.

How much you think I will get for the car from the insurance co? I looked up bluebook, and it doesnt list a 88, so checked the price on a 93 and it said $3900 in good condition. I looked up the NADA on a 88 GT "classic section" and in good condition it said $6800, fair was $4800.

I paid $3500 for the car so I hope I can get at least that back. I do have papers from the previous owner for the mac headers, and some of the mods. Not sure if it would be smart to send them paperwork for modifications to the car.

Well if you have Liability only the insurance should not be paying a claim to you, if the other guys insurance company is paying a claim on it and they are taking it to the salvage sale to regain some of their money back I wish you good luck, especially if the car goes to Copart. Alot of insurance companies take them to copart, let the bidding go with an approval on it. When the auction is over they will contact the previous owner with the high bid price if that is the previous arrangement. If the previous owner does not want to pay that price then they will at their discretion offer it to the high bidder for the bid price. My experience lately is that people have been paying insane prices on copart for fox body cars.

From that one pic I can tell you that car will bring 1600-2k on copart

Ok, a little bit of BS and fighting with the insurance company (the other guys insurance). They finally called me and settled. They say "your car is worth $4700 but we found you 15% liable for the accident so we have to knock that off the price. You get $3900" Nonono.... I bitched and moaned. Threatened to call my lawyer. Then he says "we can do 90% pay out" I say "well if you can do 90, then you can do 100" I told them I was driving the speed limit, i did nothing wrong. that guy didnt look and pulled out" They told me its 10% my fault due to conditions. Said because there was houses and driveways along that road I should have been going slower, when i WAS doing the speed limit. Whats up with that? He also said i should have avoided hitting the guy when I COULDNT. I was on the phone with this insurance guy for 1 hour going back and forth telling him what i thought, and i was NOT 1% liable, let alone 10%.

At the end, i was done dealing with this..... and ending up taking the 10% loss, and he agreed to pay the additional storage fees which i would have had to pay because this insurance is a crock!! INFINITY INSURANCE is who this was....

Can you beileve this..... They say im 10% liable for someone pulling out in front of me and not looking. They also said i should have been looking straight ahead, and should have done everything i could have to avoided the situation.... WOW!!!

In the end, I got back a little over $4100, and loosing $500 because of this. I would have got a lawyer, but i would have paid alot more then $500. The insurance company knew that, which is why they tried to knock a decent amount of money off, but not too much so i could sue and come out ahead.

before you cash that check I would devlop some back and neck pain...tell em you need to go to the dr. or pay me the extra 10%

There was nothing i could do. They knocked off $500 of the price of the cars worth... and he even said "go talk to your lawyer if you want, but this will get messy, i am asure of it" I called my lawyer, and he wanted $100 for me to come in for 30 minutes. Now im out another $100..... Then if it would have went another day, I would be out another $50 for storage for the car because that insurance company only pays untill the adjuster shows up. Anything after that, i pay.

I tried negotiating all day today, i accually lied and said I talked to my attorny and he said we can get the good NADA value which was $6800. They pretty much were saying "bring it on" not those exact words.... but close enough........ they wouldnt budge on the price.

Maybe you can tell them you will take the 10% loss but you want to keep the car for no additional fees

Im going to call 3 salvage yards thursday and get prices on what my car would go for. then when the insurance gives me the buy back price, if its higher then all the prices I have... I can come back with what others said its worth.

Any ideas of what to do here? I do want the car back, but dont want to pay a crazy price for it. I already have a buyer lined up for $1500 for the car the way it is. So I hope i can get it back for around $200. I just hope they dont call me and say "buy back is $1000". Then its not worth it to me to get it back and go through all the hassle.

These cheap insurance companys are a joke. I am suprised you got what you did. Maybe you will be able to get it for a reasonable price but dont count on it. I hate it for you but maybe it will all work out in the end.

The insurance agent told me if its more then a few hundred he would be very surprised. He is looking into it and going to let me know...

It has weld wheels, and some mods. Think i can swap wheels, and mods with stock if the buyback is too high, and let them keep the car?

That is bull. I would have called my insurance company to take them to court.

^^^ This. If your insurance company is worth a damn, they will go to bat for you. We had a cop write up a crappy report on a parking lot fender bender my wife had. The cop claimed it as a "no fault accident" meaning no one was at fault when the other party clearly was. Our company-ALLSTATE took the ball and ran with it. They sent out investigators to question the cops and the other party and we wound up with our car fixed for free and got a sweet rental car out of the deal.

Technically if you accept 10% fault they can come after your insurance company for the 10% claim.... Id call your agent.

I live on a busy street where the speed limit is 25 but people drive 35-40 on my street. Cars block my driveway view and I cannot see when there are cars coming out. I've had a couple of close calls where people almost hit my car, by me saying this is I really think you should have been just a little more cautious of your surroundings. He might have pulled out of his dw not seeing you and you were going to fast to make an attempt to manuver. I think your insurance got you off more than you think imo. Think about the other drivers perspective...

The speed limit is 55, and I was doing no faster then that. My cruise was set at 50 because of deer that early.

The speed limit should be lower, or the person should have been more cautious when pulling out.

I had the right away. Im not going to drive 30mph on a main road thats 55mph because people dont watch what they are doing. Going slower then the speed limit could cause more danger to people on the road. Just 2 weeks ago, i was driving a little under the speed limit.... and a car passed me on a double line and almost hit the other car head on.... he was lucky. So your saying that was 10% my fault too? Because of someone elses actions?

Bull