adios amigos

If we put half as much energy into writing about tech topics as we do bitching and moaning about how bad and non-tech it is around here, this forum would once again be a cornicopia of tech info. I know I've personnaly killed a few too many hours of my life reading the bickering, but it's kind of like a soap opera (with less hot chicks).

As far as the FAQ and searching before asking, face it guys, there is only so many different topics that are tech related that can be discussed. I dare say every (OK, maybe 95%) true tech subject that's been posted in the last week has been discussed at least a little sometime in the past. If we search and don't ask the question, we are severely limiting the number of new posts, and this place WILL die. What good is that?

I have in the past gotten the "read the Ford manual" from the great SD, and I'll tell you, I didn't appreciate it. And another member who has participated in this thread but will remain nameless made a smarta$$ comment about a mistake I made in a post (I got positive and negative backwards regarding wheel offset, simple mistake I thought). But guess what, I'm still here. Grow some skin.

• Sponsors (?)

as was said by another member "grow some skin". Some of the best tech comes out of disagreements. It is when others blindly follow what someone else heard from a buddy of a friend, or someone that used to sell "this stuff" things get a little murky. Look over at corner carvers, those guys are definitely not the friendliest bunch, but if you want to learn something spend some time reading.

Oh yeah, if you are leaving, just leave, don't announce it hoping we will try to convince you otherwise.

I have participated in a number of boards over the years, and they all go through an evolution. Original members get bored with the same old stuff and leave, sometimes with drama and sometimes not.

With almost all those boards, if the members bitching about content actually provided some, there wouldn't be much of a problem.

New members will replace them eventually. The revered Super Dave and in some corners Oz are not the only knowledable people out there, there are a ton of replacements yet to discover Stangnet.

These constant threads if self-examination grow a bit tiresome, I suppose that's normal as half of us have our cars buried in storage for a few months.

Anyway, stay the course Stangnetters. And if yoyu don't like reading what you are reading, post something that you do like. That's a start....

i am new to this forum having just re-aquired a 73 mustang. before i had an '88 supercharged M@2 and participated in their forums and never saw anything like the bitching and pettiness that i see here. not everybody had the same opinion, but nothing like it is here at times. but posting/reading here is like watching tv or listening to the radio. if you don't like what you see, change the station. or in this case, don't visit anymore. why would you then announce that you are leaving, unless you are secretly hoping people would beg you to stay, which doesn't seem to be happening.

pushrod power said:
i am new to this forum having just re-aquired a 73 mustang. before i had an '88 supercharged M@2 and participated in their forums and never saw anything like the bitching and pettiness that i see here. not everybody had the same opinion, but nothing like it is here at times. but posting/reading here is like watching tv or listening to the radio. if you don't like what you see, change the station. or in this case, don't visit anymore. why would you then announce that you are leaving, unless you are secretly hoping people would beg you to stay, which doesn't seem to be happening.

Maybe because allcarfan, like the many other long time quality posters who have left here, are tired of seeing this place degrade. Maybe because at one point we had a solid community here (as mentioned above) with some great tech. Then, new people, not much unlike yourself, came in with this "Post anything and if people don't like it they can leave" attitude. Slowly, but surely, the quality posters have dropped only to post elsewhere. They're not leaving the hobby, just THIS forum.

Let me ask you this, as a new member why would you give a wise ass comment to a long time member who gave some good quality posts and tech to this forum? I'll be interested to see what your answer is.

I better go move the deck chairs on the bow now.

gp001 said:
Maybe because allcarfan, like the many other long time quality posters who have left here, are tired of seeing this place degrade. Maybe because at one point we had a solid community here (as mentioned above) with some great tech. Then, new people, not much unlike yourself, came in with this "Post anything and if people don't like it they can leave" attitude. Slowly, but surely, the quality posters have dropped only to post elsewhere. They're not leaving the hobby, just THIS forum.

Let me ask you this, as a new member why would you give a wise ass comment to a long time member who gave some good quality posts and tech to this forum? I'll be interested to see what your answer is.

I better go move the deck chairs on the bow now.

Wow! The FB sure does get cranky when the 2 M's are done F'n him. :D

pushrod power said:
never saw anything like the bitching and pettiness that i see here. not everybody had the same opinion, but nothing like it is here at times

This forum is actually really tame. There is another forum that I frequent that is a real barn burner. I never knew there were so many four lettered words. :rlaugh:

gp001 said:

just because i am new to this forum doesn't mean i can't make observations on what i read. it wasn't meant to be a "wise ass" comment more than an observation. also realize that i didn't start this thread, i'm just repsonding to it as are you, it is called a difference of opinion. i'm not advocating that anything goes and anything can be posted, the hell with what everybody else thinks. before i joined i've been reading this forum for a couple of months. what i've noticed is that a few people take a difference of opinion VERY personally and respond like it is a personal attack. Pak and Oz come to mind. it also seems the few polarize the many, and that happens. my main point was that if allcarfan wants to leave because of a few bad apples why announce it? you can't stop people from posting and you never will. if you feed into their negativity it will just give them power and keep them going. just ignore the posts. and that is my answer, final.

[]

I think it is t3h sux0r when some of these old-school guys leave. yes, sometimes it's for the better when all they are doing is griping, but they are some smart dudes when it comes to cars. I can understand people wanting to go, but in my opinion, it's best to just stick it out. that, or just take a break and come back whenever you want.

on more than one occasion, I have gotten fed up with this place and didn't visit for long stretches at a time. I got frustrated because it seemed like no one was answering my questions. but guess what? here I am. why? because people come and go [for many reasons]. and to expand on what Randy said earlier, even though someone has covered a topic once before, maybe some of the new people weren't around then and maybe they have new advice/ideas that work better.

I like some of the people on here [only met two in person], but what it comes down to is that I'm here to learn about my car and what I can do with it. if people don't like me, I don't care as long as I can still read their posts and gather information.

if you want to stay or go, that's up to you. but I think if you don't like the way something is, find out if others feel the same way and do what you can to change it! or maybe start up your own board and steal people from here! sorta reminds me of a time in history when some people weren't to happy with the British gov't....*cough cough american colonists cough cough*
:flag:

edit: geez, I sure have been getting long-winded lately...sorry 'bout that.