AFR 185's do I need adjustable guide plates?

RIXX93GT

Founding Member
Oct 10, 2002
Dayton, Ohio
Okay so I was checking my pushrod length and valve clearance today and noticed my rockers werent riding in the middle of the valve stem. Both exhaust and intake rockers were running on the inside of the stem. It looks to me like the AFR rocker stud to valve stem centerline is off. Anyways the only way I see to fix it is with adjustable guide plates, problem is I have only found them for chevy's. Has anyone else had this problem or found a way to fix it? If you used adjustable plates are they supposed to be welded after you figure out the spacing? Please help!

• Sponsors (?)

DropTopR said:
Assuming that you mean that they are running on the side close to the intake, that just means incorrect pushrod length. I run the same heads, and have no trouble with misalignment.

No I am talking about the rocker tip being centered side to side not front to back as is adjusted by pushrod length. The rockers both run too much to the "inside" of the valve stem top.
By the way what length pushrod did you end up with?

Damn, been a while since i out them in. Can't remember, but I don't think it was much different from stock length actually. I'd just recheck that the guide plates are where they should be, and that the studs are torque down right. I'll get back with you on the length, when I can find out for sure.