Electrical Aftermarket Radio

FrankenStang88

Feb 2, 2016
Arizona
Ok so i bought a nice double din kenwood deck to replace the gaping hole where my stock radio should have been but i ran into a problem. The radio functions great and works but it isnt installed or bolted in correctly, actually its not bolted in at all it just sits in the hole. The back of the radio hits the bottom frame of the car and wont slide into place. I was thinking about switching the placement of the ac controls and put them on the bottom and move the radio up so it has room. Can this be done relatively easy or will it require lots of money and custom work?
20160221_182134.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Is that a double din unit? If so, that won't fit.

Single din really, of the lower part hits the trans tunnel or rear console support.

You could relocate the HVAC stuff, but now you are talking custom stuff where the degree of craftsmanship all depends on your skill level.

You will need to massage the trans tunnel and also the bracket that hangs for this radio to fit. Other option is to buy a panel to relocate the radio to the HVAC controls and move them where the stock radio was. You may need to extend the vacuum lines.

You will need to massage the trans tunnel and also the bracket that hangs for this radio to fit. Other option is to buy a panel to relocate the radio to the HVAC controls and move them where the stock radio was. You may need to extend the vacuum lines.
Is this panel on sites like lmr and american muscle? I havent seen them unless im looking at the wrong place