Air Bag Problem Swap

Tomj

Jul 24, 2016
So I recently found out my 91 fox front frame was done as well as the rest of the car. I found a 89 4 cylinder so I'm doing a swap. I've taken all the wiring from front to back, computer, motor, tranny, front and rear end, etc. It was just a rusty she'll that left my drive way. Now the question I have is that the 91 had a air bag on the steering wheel. I don't want the air bag so I'm keeping the 89 steering console. I've noticed there are sensors for the air bag on the front of the car just inside the rad support. One on each corner and one in the middle. Also there is one inside the back drivers side seat panel. On the 89 the isn't even any mounting holes to mount the air bag sensor. Can I leave all the sensors out? If I have to put the sensors in I have to change the wiring going from the front to the back of the car and some how mount the sensor. If I don't out the sensors in I don't have to change the wiring. If I leave the sensors out will the computer read they are not there and all be good?

• Sponsors (?)