Am I missing something here???

atlblue2000

Founding Member
Aug 18, 2002
TN
2001 Cobra

$6,000 & only 57,000 miles with NO RESERVE... is it me or does that seem just a tad too low for that car?? Feedback would indicate a reputable seller, but c'mon. Can that really be on the up and up? Maybe there's a slight knock that they just so happen to be forgetting to document or something???

• Sponsors (?)

Well it *is* an auction, so maybe the guy was just lowballing his asking price hoping that a fury of bidders will bump it up in the 2 days that it is remaining?

EDIT: I'm not that familiar at all with Ebay, but he might just retract the item if it doesn't get high enough? Maybe he needs to sell it ASAP?

atlblue2000 said:
[$6,000 & only 57,000 miles with NO RESERVE... is it me or does that seem just a tad too low for that car?? Feedback would indicate a reputable seller, but c'mon. Can that really be on the up and up? Maybe there's a slight knock that they just so happen to be forgetting to document or something???

Sellers do this all the time. There is no way someone isn't gonna bid on that car. It will get up to x thousand dollars in no time. Just watch. They bet on the fact that the car will get bid on because of its low price and then it might actually go up because more people will look at it. Technically he could sell it for more since more people would be seeing it and more people would want it. its the ebay theory. cheap listing doesn't mean cheap selling price.

I understand its an auction. I wasn't really looking for an explanation on how EBAY works. :) I was just kinda curious as to whether I overlooked something in the fine print. And it is a no reserve auction, so he cant just not sell it once the auction is over. It probably will skyrocket in the last few hours, but I'd never put that kind of car on EBAY without a reserve price, or I'd at least start it at a proce I was willing to except in case I didn't get many bids. I just think he's playing with fire in the event the car doesn't shoot up in price, as unlikely as it may be.