any blower guys here running with the ethanol 10%

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
just wondering if anyone here is running on the 10% ethonol gas with a blower and how its going. we have that crap all over the place here in nj. i put it in my car by accident. i had a 1/4 tank( NON ethonol) in there already before i put the crap in there. i only put in 10 or 15 bucks. got around a half tank.

i didnt notice any difference but that is because it mixed with the quater tank of pure fuel lessening the pecent of ethonol.

anyway, thats all....anyone else. just thinking that crap is gonna take over here in nj

• Sponsors (?)

damn it manditory in NY! the way it is picking up here i think soon we will all be dealing with this. i really dont give a crap as long i can still run the blower set up i was planning to get. if all it takes is a tune then thats no problem, you have to get a tune after the blower is on anyway. i was asking for the blower guys who already experiance this to know if for sure there is no worry.

i wonder if im running slightly lean now because of this. i thought i was experiancing a lack of tq but i didnt even think it could be the gas. not sure though, that could be my imagination.

ill have to get one more bolt on so we can throw it on the dyno and see if the power has dropped and retune it.:D the only think i could get is an intake manifold though.....too expensive.

DBMSTNG said:
you need a new tune to run the ethanol gas because ethonal has a different stoich point. you're running leaner than expected when using that gas.

I doubt you'd need a tune with e10 if your tune is fairly safe already. stoich for e10 is only slightly off at 14.1 instead of 14.7. Also the fact that is run slightly cooler combustion temps, would lessen the chance of detonation. e85 is a completey different story.

jstreet0204 said:
I doubt you'd need a tune with e10 if your tune is fairly safe already. stoich for e10 is only slightly off at 14.1 instead of 14.7. Also the fact that is run slightly cooler combustion temps, would lessen the chance of detonation. e85 is a completey different story.

there is no way i'd ever risk running a gas with that much of a difference without a retune on a blown car.

DBMSTNG said:
there is no way i'd ever risk running a gas with that much of a difference without a retune on a blown car.

Like I said, if you are running a good "safe" tune. The KB tune is set to run at 11:1 under wot. You could run 11.6:1 without issue. If you tune is on the edge already, or you don't know where your tune is, then you shouldn't risk it.