Any Good excuses to get out of a speeding ticket in court?

Usually if you go to court and act professionally the judge should allow you to go to driver improvement school instead of having to pay the ticket. Before you go I suggest you do some research into legal issues like entrapment and technical issues like how a radar works. Photoradar has actually proved to be counterproductive to some agencies because it can be shown that a larger vehicle is around the suspect vehicle, and radar usually picks up the speed of the larger object.

In hindsight, a radar detector is cheaper than a speeding ticket, and legal everywhere but DC and Virgina. If you insist on speeding its a better option than clogging up the legal system.

• Sponsors (?)

I hold the record for the fastest photo radar ticket in Scottsdale. 122 in a 50. I forgot there was a P-R set up at the stop light and when I went through the cameras went a blazing. It was funny when the cop came to my house to hand deliver my ticket. He asked to see my truck and asked what all was done to it. :)

stephenmgd said:
man ill tell you something, i live in torrance ca and just to let you know cops in my area are fking diks, i have been harassed pull over for nothing patted down and even handcuffed for an hour because he said i was speeding but never gave me a ticket for speeding. cops would pull you over for just about anything even putting your hand out the window. once when i was younger i got put in jail for one night for joyriding, all i got was a warning and the whole night the cops were callin me a fkin nip, and throwing me against a wall, tell me who deserves that. Cops power trip and if you think cops aren't diks your wrong. and wtf are u thinking going 120 in a 40!?!?!??!

Open your eyes to what the world really is and not what u made it out to be.

so, was that when you and lorenzo were rollin in the benzo?

LT1 This said:
I hold the record for the fastest photo radar ticket in Scottsdale. 122 in a 50. I forgot there was a P-R set up at the stop light and when I went through the cameras went a blazing. It was funny when the cop came to my house to hand deliver my ticket. He asked to see my truck and asked what all was done to it. :)

Yeah i bet that was a fun ticket to pay.

stephenmgd said:
man ill tell you something, i live in torrance ca and just to let you know cops in my area are fking diks, i have been harassed pull over for nothing patted down and even handcuffed for an hour because he said i was speeding but never gave me a ticket for speeding. cops would pull you over for just about anything even putting your hand out the window. once when i was younger i got put in jail for one night for joyriding, all i got was a warning and the whole night the cops were callin me a fkin nip, and throwing me against a wall, tell me who deserves that. Cops power trip and if you think cops aren't diks your wrong. and wtf are u thinking going 120 in a 40!?!?!??!

Open your eyes to what the world really is and not what u made it out to be.

That's a mature attitude. Hope you don't ever need one, but of course, you never will right?

MarvinMyCat said:
Ha! I win, 76 in a 45! And I had started to slow down too when I blew past the cop going the other way. The second I saw him, I pulled over and waited on the side of the road for him. Took him almost a full minute to turn around, park behind me, and then turn on his lights.

That was a $176 ticket. Originally 6 points on the license, but the "DA" agreed to 4 points and a driving class. After class, went back in and sweet talked the judge down to 2 points.

The only thing I could say was that this moving violation wasn't indicative of my typical driving habits.

When he said that it was 36 over, I simply told him that I realize that and I'm not going to waste his time trying to come up with excuses for something that I knew I shouldn't have been doing in the first place.

Best part, my insurance didn't go up!
No way dood, I own joo. :) 80 in a 35 here. Actually I'm in Canada, so it was 128 in a 60 .. same thing. Still pretty damn good, though. :)

But you're right. I went in and said, look, I have no excuse. But I promise you that kind of speed is absolutely not indicative of my normal driving habits (I have an otherwise perfect record). The judge was cool about it and knocked it down by 20kph and 2 points. Fair enough.

Well, I guess since it's alive again, I'll just chime in. Since I'm on the other side of this, I can't talke too much, but the only good excuse that I've seen, if you're female, is to dump ketchup in your lap and tell the cop you had an accident and need to get home......... that would keep you from getting a ticket in the first place. For guys.....you're S.O.L.

On the other hand, I know a guy who set a speed record around here......For 139 mph on a sport bike in a 60 mph zone......I've just heard the stories from him and his friends who say they can confirm it.........dunno

You hafta explain the "engaging in a speed contest" thing a bit. Cuz techinally anything can be considered such. Reving, squealing your tires, even if youre not speeding, anything can be considered. I mean, you lucked out, they can take you straight to jail for any sort of illegal street racing. Anyways, if it was something like reving you can explain how you were having car trouble. The car sounded like it was dying and you were trying to give it gas. Or it has been known to stall during cold weather (since its winter) and was reving to keep the engine warm.

I recall when I was dating my fiancé we were both racing down a street about 80 in a 55 at night. A cop sat with his lights off. When I saw his reflectors I braked while fiancé flew past me. He pulled both of us over. Him first. I pulled infront. He flashed his brights signalling me to just drive off. So I did. The officier asked him if he was racing. He claimed he wasnt. That he was just flirting. He gave him a ticket. I wonder if he would have let him off completely if he knew his flirtation worked.

Holy crap, guys, it's OVER. A LONG TIME AGO. QUIT chiming in and let it drop. Seriously. Import***ga was trying to get out of a ticket he deserved by making up some BS reasons. Drop it, find a new thread.

MichaelB21 said:
I got my first speeding ticket not too long ago. I think I am just going to pay it off, I was doing 47 in a 35 because I was being careless and not paying attention. Sucks when you get into a rythm of going to work everyday and you just go and don't really pay attention to anything but your destination. Good thing not to get lulled into that false sense of security. Oh well, guess I will just hope the insurance company doesn't ass rape me.

Dont' pay it off... NEVER pay off a ticket. Get a lawyer.

If we're idiots, then that makes you one too. By replying to a topic you make it new again. Which means everyone who replied gets an email, and the topic is bumped back up appearing as new. It was ChewiesDad that dug this one up causing 8 more replies. And everytime YOU, Integra, reply you're making it more and more likely to recieve more replies. 3 replies of yours helped keep this thread alive. Importkilla thanks you.

So, in other words, if you want this thread to die, don't reply

I could care less about how many emails I get, or if this topic appears as new. It just seemed to me that you had a problem with it. But apperently from your reply it seems you dont seem to care either... ...which makes me question why you're annoyed at everyone else doing the same thing you're doing.

Well, you see, it's not so much that they drug up an old post, that part I'm fine with. It's the fact that they're trying to give advice to someone that the issue was resolved a long time ago. Now I'm just continuing because you keep getting emails because you havent turned the email feature off yet. So here's another e mail. =)

Yeah, you can turn the email feature off. I knew that, but it seems that 98CobraClone may not. I mean, just about every forum nowadays has this feature. I can unsubscribe at any time. I keep mine on, because in cases like this I WANT to reply. Course, since there were so many replies to an old topic, we all ignored the dates of the posting, mostly because the past 14 were recent. Which probally explains why dastang2 still believes the original poster needs his input. Because this thread, is still new, and as soon as I hit "sbumit" it will be even newer.