Any Softball Players? Help with a new bat!

MoNsTaMaCk24

Founding Member
Aug 12, 2002
Shippensburg, PA
Yeah I play the ultimate sport of SLOW pitch softball. Well I bought a Mizuno Techfire Blur last year. They are the yellow ones and it is not an advanced I play in a ASA league I thought but we have a miken maniac or something they let us use. I was looking into Demarini Evo AX. ANyone have any luck? I know the 07 version is red and the 06 is like silver. How much of a difference. Any recomendations. Trying to stay below 200 and I know I can grab a 06 evo ax for CHEAP! Let me know guys and what you use. Maybe someone has had better luck with mizuno but to me ball doesnt go too far... Let me know!

• Sponsors (?)

for slow pitch I just use my Nike bat for base hits and a Demarini when no ones on base (I'm not a home run hitter, but I "try" to hit the fence) Just remember to rotate the thing. If it doesn't have a rotator click on it, buy one.

All the big guns I used to play with use the Demarinis with much success. You can probly buy a used one on e-bay?

Im surprised there is no softball guru's on here saying specifics! My team has an original Miken Freak which is good... And a miken mega maniac. I would like to get a bat similiar or better. I dont wanna dish out 300 for a demarini juice... I think my league is assa? something like that.

you can get a U-Trip or ASA certified bat at any sporting goods store... Honestly there are certain pos bats that may work just as well for you. Just go to the store and swing a few around. I do strongly believe that bats like the Demarini make life easier, but any player can overcome the bat with a little more muscle or speed.

It just depends what kind of hitter you are. Like I said my Nike bat works perfect for me when the bases have runners on them. I'm an RBI hitter, thats all I'm good for so I don't aim for the fence unless no ones on. And in that situation I have my personal TPS but I play around with the big boy bats usually.

Try the Nike bat then, you'll only be out max 100 bones, it has a nice sweet spot for the price, and is perfect for midfield drives.

MoNsTaMaCk24 said:
I hit line drives. Only problem with the mizuno is little pop. I just want something with a better sweet spot and better on line drives. I use 26 oz Im a little man...
My senior year I hit the third baseman of the opposing team in the forehead with a line drive from the Demarini..It was a complete bb. The ball bounced off his head into center field. No joke. I got a double. Might have been a triple if I didnt stop..cuz I thought I killed the guy. I see him around every once in a while..He kinda cowers. :D

i've played about 10 seasons of softball. there are a few things i've learned. use a bat that YOU feel comfortable with. don't try to hit home runs. someone who bats .400+ with line drives is better than somene who hits .100 trying to hit homers. and finally, don't slide into 2nd wearing shorts on a field comprised of a kitty litter like substance.

DBMSTNG said:
i've played about 10 seasons of softball. there are a few things i've learned. use a bat that YOU feel comfortable with. don't try to hit home runs. someone who bats .400+ with line drives is better than somene who hits .100 trying to hit homers. and finally, don't slide into 2nd wearing shorts on a field comprised of a kitty litter like substance.

I was batting 460 something we got one guy hes batting like over 600. Hes a champ! I bet you slid into second feet first! I slide head first but last night when I went into second they had WAY too much sand and my arms didnt even extend barely made it to the bag. IT HURT! I feel comfortable with any 34/26 bat really. just looking for a little more pop.