Anyone ever had a Dorman Intake Mani leak?

Twista

May 7, 2004
@ the z00 in chicago
Out of nowhere :shrug: I removed the intake checked the gaskets and everything looks fine. Just reinstalled everything and i still have the same leak i cant see. I just know its leaking. All the dorman o-rings looked okay so im lost for words.

Im installing a pi intake kit this winter, but i wanted my car back up and running.

Dorman intakes looks like this:
2003GTMustang46BrandNewPlaticIntake.jpg

I can see coolant coming up threw the last screw hole on the manifold near the passenger side, but its a small amount. The V on the engine is filled with green coolant so its coming from somewhere else.

By the way same problem as this guy in the link below i would guess:

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1836415

• Sponsors (?)

The intake is fine all around =[ Its just leaking pretty bad and i cant tell where from. I can see coolant @ the last screw and coolant in the V of the engine.

New gaskets cost $40
New coolant $20
New radiator drain plug $6 since i broke it.

$65 dollars into my pi intake swap.

One of two things... Either get a friend to sit in the car and rev it high while you watch the engine compartment... OR... set up a video camera to record the engine while you are revving. The high rpms is where this is coming from. I found a pinhole leak that I could not see with my eyes till I FORCED the coolant out. I need to find that video when I discovered my leak... but my network is pretty big and I don't always store my files where I can find them.

One of two things... Either get a friend to sit in the car and rev it high while you watch the engine compartment... OR... set up a video camera to record the engine while you are revving. The high rpms is where this is coming from. I found a pinhole leak that I could not see with my eyes till I FORCED the coolant out. I need to find that video when I discovered my leak... but my network is pretty big and I don't always store my files where I can find them.

Couldnt he just rev it himself from the engine compartment?