Anyone heard of Allen Superchargers

Oct 10, 2006
I finally got my mufflers installed....i got regular magnaflows....i wish they were a little bit louder but when i want to be quite i can be....anyway while i was waiting for the mufflers to be installed...one of the other mechanics was saying he could install this particular blower for 6500 with parts and labor.....he said it even comes with a sct tuner...so yay or nay????.....ive never heard of this brand before.....i almost wanna stick the more expensive kenne bell

• Sponsors (?)

I finally got my mufflers installed....i got regular magnaflows....i wish they were a little bit louder but when i want to be quite i can be....anyway while i was waiting for the mufflers to be installed...one of the other mechanics was saying he could install this particular blower for 6500 with parts and labor.....he said it even comes with a sct tuner...so yay or nay????.....ive never heard of this brand before.....i almost wanna stick the more expensive kenne bell

My question is why? You can get the mongoose kit from MPH for 3900 and get it installed for another 800$, it even comes with the tune so you don't have to get it dyno tuned unless you want...http://modularpowerhouse.com/produc...d=121&osCsid=79f846de1cd9f6bc5b29b2f68dbfa151

Allen makes an OK kit, but you'll be pretty limited with how much power you can make down the road. Also, $6500 is insane expensive IMO. A Kenne Bell kit is what, $4000-$4500 and yer set? Then add some fuel pump upgrades, maybe a dyno tune, $1000 total, then if you just HAVE to pay someone to install it, what like $800-$1200?? You'll still probably come out under $6500.

If you want a supercharger, and don't care about power down low and instant torque, just get a Vortech kit like deftsound mentioned. The Mongoose kit is good (little expensive now IMO, when I got mine it was like $400 less lol) and comes with everything you need to make 370rwhp, add a smaller pulley and you could hit 400-425 depending on mods etc. The Vortech blower will max out around 600rwhp later down the road if you do a built motor and full supporting stuff too.

Speaking from Personal Experience....

I've got an Allen kit on my car and I like it a lot. $6,500 installed for an intercooled Positive Displacement Supercharger is a really good price. You’ll pay nearly that much for a Kenne Bell, Saleen or Roush without the install fee. Yes, some blowers will make more power, but the drivability with this kit is excellent. And yes, the Centrifugals are cheaper which makes them quite attractive, but on a street car running the stock bottom end, they don't make anywhere near the torque throughout the power band, which really bodes well for the Positive Displacement car. My car runs low-13's to high-12's at the track at over 4,200lbs (with driver) with a conservative tune making 343rwhp/389lbs ft/tq running through an automatic transmission and independent rear end. And I've got the REV I kit. Your '01 will be utilizing the REV II manifold, which is better still. Expect to put out about 370RWHP and like amounts of torque with the 9psi kit, which is pretty much on par with any of the other entry levels kits.

Here are a couple of video’s of my car at the track and on the dyno. The blower whine at full throttle alone is more than enough reason to by one. ;)

View attachment 331170 View attachment 331171

Pay no attention to my transmission issues going down the track. I've since had the problem fixed. :)

I've got an Allen kit on my car and I like it a lot. $6,500 installed for an intercooled Positive Displacement Supercharger is a really good price. You’ll pay nearly that much for a Kenne Bell, Saleen or Roush without the install fee. Yes, some blowers will make more power, but the drivability with this kit is excellent. And yes, the Centrifugals are cheaper which makes them quite attractive, but on a street car running the stock bottom end, they don't make anywhere near the torque throughout the power band, which really bodes well for the Positive Displacement car. My car runs low-13's to high-12's at the track at over 4,200lbs (with driver) with a conservative tune making 343rwhp/389lbs ft/tq running through an automatic transmission and independent rear end. And I've got the REV I kit. Your '01 will be utilizing the REV II manifold, which is better still. Expect to put out about 370RWHP and like amounts of torque with the 9psi kit, which is pretty much on par with any of the other entry levels kits.

Here are a couple of video’s of my car at the track and on the dyno. The blower whine at full throttle alone is more than enough reason to by one. ;)

View attachment 331149 View attachment 331151

Pay no attention to my transmission issues going down the track. I've since had the problem fixed. :)

6500 is way to high of a price....my friend hre in kingston ontario bought an intercooled KB 2.1 and had it installed for 6000 flat, and it seems like a better kit and it put down 435rwhp on the stock long block.....kenne bell is the way to go

6.5k is stupid money for a S/C, regardless of brand. You can get a turbo kit for less. By a KB instead, and avoid those mechanics in future - they are clearly trying to rip you off.

Oh, BTW... the magnaflows get way louder with time. I've had them on there for 6 years and they are seriously loud now. Thank god I didnt get the packs... I'd get pulled over every day up here. My car is way louder than you'd expect.

6500 is way to high of a price....my friend hre in kingston ontario bought an intercooled KB 2.1 and had it installed for 6000 flat, and it seems like a better kit and it put down 435rwhp on the stock long block.....kenne bell is the way to go

How'd he steal that? I checked in on one from The Mustang Shop in Alberta and they wanted 6,500 just for the kit alone plus delivery....and that was only paying the one tax?!? If he can get the intercooled version of the 2.1L kit for $6,000 installed, then I suggest he buy it. As long as he doesn't have to deal with Kenne Bell directly in order to do so. I'd pay an extra thousand dollars just to deal with someone else if that were the case. And 435rwhp on a stock long block is possible, but I’m betting it wasn’t with just the kit alone. He’s gonna have bolt ons and most likely additional boost to see that kind of power.....maybe a little race gas in the tank too? Otherwise he’s making about 50rwhp more than everyone else I’ve ever seen with the same set up.

I'm not sure what you mean by "seems like a better kit"? The Allen is as complete and high quality kit as the Kenne Bell or any other that I've seen. It utilizes a Gen III (with an optional GEN V) Eaton supercharger, which is by far the most durable of any Supercharger on the market to date. And the best part about it was the customer service I got from Scott. I didn't have to wait for hours for a phone call to be returned.....if the phone was answered at all (unlike Kenne Bell when I made the attempt at inquiring about their product). Like I said, the Allen may not make as much power as some of the other blowers do, but it's certainly every bit as high quality.

as far as the cost of the 2.1l intercooled kit,it is 4995,and the only thing needed was sealer and plugs,everything was included and this is from KB. I don't know installation cost but 1000 seems right.as far as an allen supercharger,any supercharger is badass.it looks and sounds killer and you should be proud just to be blown...lol..

that price is insane!!!!!!!!!!!

you can get a KB for less than that. do NOT buy anything from that guy he is trying to rip you off.

i paid $4200 for my paxton novi 2K kit from MPH complete with everything. you should look into a vortec kit or something along those lines. an allen charger isnt worth $3000 installed IMHO

that price is insane!!!!!!!!!!!

you can get a KB for less than that. do NOT buy anything from that guy he is trying to rip you off.

i paid $4200 for my paxton novi 2K kit from MPH complete with everything. you should look into a vortec kit or something along those lines. an allen charger isnt worth $3000 installed IMHO

these are canadian prices, everything costs more in canada lol:canada:

I thought Allen went out of business again. I highly suggest checking out TorkTech.
http://www.torktech.com/
I know these guys personally and nobody knows blowers better than they do.
Alan
Hey Alan, nice to see you here. Funny you should show up in this thread, the vids above I posted were actually at taken at the Shootout in Xenia where I met you this past summer. We actually smoked a couple of cigars together in line up at the end of the track event on Sunday, on the way out. How's the Baby doing?

It's a shame to hear that Allen went out of business again. The built a great product, but were never much for marketing. I like the new kits above....with the option of an Eaton TVS series blowers too. Now we're talking. Move over Kenne Bell and Whipple, there's a new Sheriff in town.

since there is a possiblity of being ripped off....i paid 280 for my mufflers and install...I would love nothing more than to install the blower on my own(if its something a noobie can handle), but what "complete" kits are actually COMPLETE........................I HATE TURBO LAG....drove a friends turbo audi.....kept getting annoyed...i had to wait for it and when it finally came it was like a little burst of acceleration........as for the centri...its as gearbanger said....it wont make as much torque throughout the powerband......

since there is a possiblity of being ripped off....i paid 280 for my mufflers and install...I would love nothing more than to install the blower on my own(if its something a noobie can handle), but what "complete" kits are actually COMPLETE........................I HATE TURBO LAG....drove a friends turbo audi.....kept getting annoyed...i had to wait for it and when it finally came it was like a little burst of acceleration........as for the centri...its as gearbanger said....it wont make as much torque throughout the powerband......

just get a single 70mm or smaller that has a small enough hotside so that you hit peak boost at 3.5-4k or so. Dont have to worry about beltslip or putting on different size pulleys (which sucks on 99+) just have to dial up the boost.

You're not going to find any Turbo system that doesn't result in some measure of Turbo lag. I don't care how well they say it's been engineered or how small the turbo(s) are. It's unavoidable! They're great for making ultimate power and strip cars, but will never provide you with perfect drivability on a street car. Their power band is too peaky and too narrow for them to provide perfect street manners. There's a trade off to all that power and turbo lag is it!

Cetrifugals don't have that lag and do provide a great bang for the buck power, but they don't start seeing much of it till the 3,000-3,500RPM range. There's no lag mind you, but there's no additional low end torque to be made either. This can be countered some with weight removal and gear changes, but it will add to the cost some and affect over all fuel mileage as a result. The rush at the mid range and top end is kinda nice though and the price is right.

If you want torque down low that'll throw you in your seat on command with a touch of the throttle, with no need for gear changes, or weight reduction to overcome RPM deficiencies or turbo lag, there's no other forced induction set up that will do it other than one of the popular Positive Displacement kits available. If the Allen isn't your style, then I'd suggest looking into the Kenne Bell (just don't buy direct from Kenne Bell if you get it), the Torktec system described above or one of the kits from Saleen, or Roush. They’ll start making power just about right off idle in most cases and can be delivered as smooth or as violent as your right foot will allow it to. No waiting for engine RPM, or exhaust pressure to ramp up….it’s just throw and go! The do start to level out at the top (yes, even twin screws) and won’t provide the top end rush that a turbo or centrifugal unit will, but that’s not to say they fall on their face at the top end. They will continue to make power to red line, just not to the extent of a blower that designed to meet their efficiency rating at the top end of the tach like a Centrifugal.