Anyone raced a new C6 vette?

• Sponsors (?)

a buddy of mine just bought an 05 C6. its pretty fast to say the least. he spanked me, but i dont have the power you do. youve got a good 50 rwhp on him and a good 70 tq. the C6 is lighter though, at ~3150 w/o driver. he has MUCH better gearing too. once you hit 5th, it would be over, but through 4th, i'd put my money on you, granted you can drive.

saleen556 said:
Seriously I don't street race.I carry a CDL and it could cost me my gravy govornment job.I am just curious of the outcome.My wife says I drive like an old man because people pass me all the time.
if you cant get a ticket, why tempt yourself with a DD car with 400/430? its like telling a diabetic he cant eat sweets while he's camped out in a candy store. too tempting

DerekStangGT said:
a buddy of mine just bought an 05 C6. its pretty fast to say the least. he spanked me, but i dont have the power you do. youve got a good 50 rwhp on him and a good 70 tq. the C6 is lighter though, at ~3150 w/o driver. he has MUCH better gearing too. once you hit 5th, it would be over, but through 4th, i'd put my money on you, granted you can drive.
I know after 4th my car would be done.I think I can drive well but we will see when I get it to the track.I am definetley not afraid to break anything because that's just a sign that it needs upgraded:nice: .

Skud said:
Yeah.. I beat one with my stock '02 GT..

We raced from a 63mph roll through a school zone on a school day..

It was sweet..

Riley

dood I beat 1 at 96 mph rollll with two cylinders misfiring stock with a banana in one tailpipe, through a school zone AND hospital zone AND retirement home!! It was mad tyte JDM

tomustang said:
Because I want to, you got a problem mutha******???

:D
:nono: :nono: :bs: :bs: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice:NEW FORUM RULES....READ!!!
From the big boss himself, so read it and pay attention:

The StangNet Forum Rules and Policies have been updated. You must agree to the following terms in order to continue to use the Forums. If you do not agree with the following terms, then please contact a moderator if you wish to have your account cancelled. Please READ ALL of the rules so that you understand the conditions for use of the StangNet Forums. Thanks, SN Staff.

Forum Rules

1. No personal attacks
This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, racial slurs, personal threats, physical threats, badgering, etc.

2. No Foul Language
No foul language of any kind is allowed. This includes 'masked' language, our filters are there for a reason!

fluffyrunnells said:
:nono: :nono: :bs: :bs: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice:NEW FORUM RULES....READ!!!
From the big boss himself, so read it and pay attention:

The StangNet Forum Rules and Policies have been updated. You must agree to the following terms in order to continue to use the Forums. If you do not agree with the following terms, then please contact a moderator if you wish to have your account cancelled. Please READ ALL of the rules so that you understand the conditions for use of the StangNet Forums. Thanks, SN Staff.

Forum Rules

1. No personal attacks
This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, racial slurs, personal threats, physical threats, badgering, etc.

2. No Foul Language
No foul language of any kind is allowed. This includes 'masked' language, our filters are there for a reason!
ban.t

saleen556 said:
I was curious how I would do with my car?I just had it tuned and it put down 404/428.I don't street race I am just curious about the outcome.I know above 120 I wouldn't stand a chance.
As long as u r trapping 110-115 mph in the 1/4, u will be fine against a stock or lightly modded one. They are a mid 12-13.0 sec car in the 1/4 if im correct, stock that is.