Anyone recommend?

• Sponsors (?)

The regular Mustang grilles are available at almost any good Mustang Parts vendor. Pic your favorite.

Are the fog lights for a Shelby, GT/CS, or Mustang GT? The 1968 GT-500 & GT/CS originally used a MARCHAL light, I think a few vendors, such as Branda, who specialize in Shelby parts have those, or good reproductions.

chepsk8 said:
The regular Mustang grilles are available at almost any good Mustang Parts vendor. Pic your favorite.

Are the fog lights for a Shelby, GT/CS, or Mustang GT? The 1968 GT-500 & GT/CS originally used a MARCHAL light, I think a few vendors, such as Branda, who specialize in Shelby parts have those, or good reproductions.
are those the round lights in the middle of the grill? Thats the ones i wanna get. No idea what they are called though.

The Marchal lights are the Rectangular lights like these...

5001.jpg

They can be easilly mounted into a stock Mustang grille.

You may be thinking of the 1967 Shelby Grille...

DD_2.jpg

Many, many years ago, I modified a 1968 GT grille, moving the driving lights to the center to mimic the 1967 Shelby like this...

dcver.jpg

Any of the above look like what you want?

Attachments

• 5001.jpg
    5001.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DD_2.jpg
    DD_2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 95
  • dcver.jpg
    dcver.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 91
The 1967 Shelby Front end is a comlete change, as you must change everything but the fenders. I would reccommend finding aftermarket fog lights that look similar, and modifying your grille.

You can buy all the stuff from Tony D. Branda www.cobranda.com but be prepared to shell out about $2000 or so and lots of time. I'm just finishing up my Shelby clone and would have never thought it would take that much time and money for the front end. The list of parts needed to change are the nosepiece ($500), hood ($500), headlight buckets ($300) low beam brackets ($60), high beam brackets ($60) nose support ($100), grille ($200) trim rings ($100) extended bumper brackets ($100) and hood pins and brackets ($100+). Throw in truck frieght for the hood and nose and you can see how spendy it really is, but the look is awesome. I'm not trying to discourage you from doing it, but rather trying to help you see how much is involved in just parts. Good luck getting it all to fit, my 'glass parts came from Maier and the fit was horrible, but through sheer stubborness and desire I got it to fit better than any original I've seen. I would be happy to help with pictures or advice if you decide to take the plunge.

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that all the stuff you need is for a '67 Shelby but will fit '68's as well, and the center lights are high beams, not fog lights. The '68 Shelby used a two headlight system (stock Mustang size) where the '67 Shelbys used the four headlight system (smaller lights).

While you can probably mount the Shelby lights on your Mustang, I wouldn't. The Shelby high beams mount to the Mustang hood latch support and block pretty much the whole upper part of the radiator. That's why the Shelby front ends have a huge opening below the bumper, to expose the radiator to fresh air. Even then, lots of original Shelbys had heating problems. But if you decide to use the Shelby nose, you have to run the Shelby hood, since the Shelby hood is something like 4 inches longer to match the nose.

zookeeper said:
While you can probably mount the Shelby lights on your Mustang, I wouldn't. The Shelby high beams mount to the Mustang hood latch support and block pretty much the whole upper part of the radiator. That's why the Shelby front ends have a huge opening below the bumper, to expose the radiator to fresh air. Even then, lots of original Shelbys had heating problems. But if you decide to use the Shelby nose, you have to run the Shelby hood, since the Shelby hood is something like 4 inches longer to match the nose.
yeah i noticed that and i think you convinced me not to do it even though i would love the look it would give my Fastback with the lights. Although i am pretty sure if i change my mind i could modify my stock frontend for a bigger opening.