Anyone using LiveLink to datalog their ECM?

jocatch

Jul 22, 2009
Now that I have a Brenspeed X3 tuner, I was wondering if anyone has used SCT's LiveLink software and an X3 tuner to datalog their car's ecm?

Do you need to use the analog port to get the data or can you get the data from the OBII port? Plus, how can one save the tunes in the X3 to a PC for backup?

Joe

P.S. I got the Brenspeed tuner last night and this morning I put the 93 octane tune it. Unfortunately is is raining here so I have not been really able to check out the power difference with the new tune but the car is much more responsive. Hoping the roads will dry out later so I can experiment more with the tune.

• Sponsors (?)

WOW! I figured it out and it works great. I was able to monitor RPM, air temp, water temp and a million other things while the engine was running. I am using the FREE LiveLink software from SCT. This is so cool. If you have ever used Performance Logs in Windows XP, it is alot like that. I will attached a screen capture of the program running later. All the computer geeks out there with an SCT tuner should love this hardware/software!!!!

Joe

P.S. And then read this great tutoral:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...t-x3-help.html

Screenshot of the program:

http://www.joecool.org/datalog.jpg

Yeah I run this also got a tiny netbook that fits in my glovebox I'm working on my external inputs now like my wideband kit bit if you want to know almost evrything about your ride check it out.

Good idea. My wife wants to buy a netbook for her school work. Maybe I should agree and then "borrow" it for the Stang.

On another note, with all that data I bet there is a way to determine the horsepower the engine is putting out from the data. I wonder if anyone has written a program to do that.

Joe

Yeah I run this also got a tiny netbook that fits in my glovebox I'm working on my external inputs now like my wideband kit bit if you want to know almost evrything about your ride check it out.