Anything special i need to know before changing throttle bodys?

Wallace88

May 12, 2003
Is this a hard task? Or is it relativly easy? A friend gave me his FRPP 70mm throttle body for nothing, so i have to atleast try and put it on, I just dont want to get into something that turns out to be really hard. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The only really hard part is removing the TPS from the stock one, the locktite Ford uses on the screws is some real strong stuff and the screws are phillips heads. I was able to get one of mine off by cutting a flat slot into it, the other I ended up grinding the whole head off.

Ike

Wallace88 said:
Is this a hard task? Or is it relativly easy? A friend gave me his FRPP 70mm throttle body for nothing, so i have to atleast try and put it on, I just dont want to get into something that turns out to be really hard. Thanks

sell it on ebay. they'll go fast.. get yourself a accufab 70 or 75mm TB and a C&L plenum..

Man, jut put it on it is a 5 minute job. If the screws are really hard to get out use a allen head looking scredriver the king that angles at the end, that is what I did. You prob won't notic emuch of a gain but hey a free mod is a free mod, To really notice the difference you will need to get a better upper plenum