AVOID H.C.I. MOTORSPORTS IN SACRAMENTO, CA

blue04roush

Dec 5, 2007
fremont
THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY JUST DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE COMPUTER GOOGLE HAMILTON CLARK INDUSTRIES (WHICH IS H.C.I. MOTORSPORTS) AND YOU SHOULD FIND A WHOLE BUNCH OF CRAP JUST READ THROUGH A FEW DIFFERENT THINGS THAT COME UP ABOUT THEM.... I TOOK MY ROUSH INTO HCI AND SPENT $20,000 AND IT NEVER CAME OUT IM IN THE MIDDLE OF SUING THEM....

• Sponsors (?)

I was considering them to do my torque arm install, but they were charging too much...they were pretty cool though, & seemed like they knew what they were doing?

F' it man, just put em on blast!!! what happened?

DAMN its a long story my car has been sitting for over a year already i had a stock stage 2 roush so of course i wanted to turn that beautiful sonic blue Roush into a beautiful Blue Beast.... i had them stroke it to a 5.1L, 2.2 kb, 373 gears, cobra clutch, cobra fuel tank and pumps, long tube cooks headers off road x-pipe.... and the list goes on...

turns out they bored out my engine too big the cams they used were too aggressive 4my engine and to tell you the truth when i got the car back after a long 3 1/2months (when it was only suppose to take a quoted 5weeks) it looked like $h!t you would never guess that i spent $20,000.... my intake was practically hanging definatly didnt look secure, they cut a hole in my hood cuz the super charger was hittin it, damn this list can go on and on its unbelievable... i honestly dont even think they installed everything i paid for... that shops a JOKE

oh and of course thats how they got me they seem hella kik back and chill... i should have seen the signs from the begining... but take a look around the shop they've all been there for a long time im assuming customers bringin back 'cause of problems they have.... or they're just cars that they brought in and still havent returned them to the people that own them for example me my car was in there for almost 4 months straight .... from april to the middle of july then took it back and they had it for another month damn this $h!ts just been goin around in circles im tired of this crap

Yeah, they did have alot of nice cars in there....I have heard a few choice words about them b4....Well I hope everything works out 4 u...

this is off the subject, but do u ever go on cafords.com

no offence man but this is why I do as much of my own work as i can. I will stay the hell away from that shop. eventually they will go under like all crooked shops maybe your lawsuite will bring them down I think they should have to repay your 20gs. and pay you another 30gs for pain and suffering.

Why didnt you pull your car outa there earlier?

yea ive heard of cafords.com im bout to set up my account today so i can spread the word.... i met one of the guys that rolls with them i think it was one of the founders of cafords??? not sure i met him at Apex in san jo, he drives a black cobra 03-04....he gave me a card

and trust me if i knew how to tare an engine apart and put it back together i would... i wish i knew people personally so i can do this $hit on my own i got the money but dont know where to go to get my car running and to tell me what is wrong with the car exactly... i would have taken the car out earlier but it had no engine and it was already at the machine shop...

blue04roush:

You just registered this month and you have a thread dedicated to bashing a performance related business.

At least perform due diligence so I will not have to lock or delete this thread. Anyone can come on here and bash anyone - for whatever reason.

To make your post more solid, present it in a timeline fashion,
you did this
they did that
you got this $$$ estimate on date xxx
they started work on yyyy
this is the result...
I told them they need to do nnnn
then they did nnnnn on xxxx date.
New estimate of $$$.

Get the point? If this was your shop, I'd like to protect your business from someone jst bashing it here. Not saying this is what you are doing, but present the evidence so all members can make a better call.

Thanks!

took my car in

april of 06 got it back in july of 06 its not the money im worried about although they did quote me $10,000 at 1st and said thats just a rough estimate ... they said it wouldnt go up much if any ... $9,000 dollars later and over $6,000 dollars in fees- so after putting miles on my brand new motor i took it back to travis so that he can take it to force fed to get tuned... he then started tellin me if my engine blew for some odd reason then im $h!t out of luck and its not there problem i was like ????? then he said dont worry bout it this engine is unbreakable and laughed... i had a bad feeling so here we go-

tune-$1,300 trying to diagnose the problem which was never found at force fed keith insisted it was the engine travis and hci insisted not

electrical fee- $400 out of my pocket said my electrical must have been bad since the tune was going bad electrical turned out to be absolutely fine

new computer- $500 out of my pocket said i must have a bad computer turned out absolutely fine so now im stuck with an extra computer $500 down the drain

at this point its already about the middle of august and travis just throws his hands up in the air and says that I have to find another shop to tune my car and thats its now in MY hands i was like WTF!!!!!! i just spent $20,000 dollars and this is how you treat me tell me thats its my responsibility to tune my car ....

i told him thats it wasnt the tune thats it the engine every body and there moma was sayin it was the engine BUT NOT H.C.I. oh no its not the engine its somethin else BUT WHAT THEY DONT KNO HMMMM

so you kno what fine i take my car and that $20,000 P.O.S. engine i paid for and started lookin around for a shop i can trust...

i already knew sheldon at B.Boy racing so i took it by his shop but unfortunatly his exhaust fan for his dyno was out and he was waiting for the already busy mechanic to fix it i waited for it to get fixed for about a month and a half i couldnt wait any longer... so if you ask sheldon he should remember me just mention me, my car (sonic blue 04roush) and the problems i had at hci... and he'll remember

so i then took it to Apex in san jo and trust me they kno me and my story very well the moment i took my car in they said ITS THE ENGINE.... so i had them tare it down take pictures the whole nine yards and they did- $3,000 it was i also had bought a few things from apex that brought this to $3,000 things that travis said i needed for the car so that included tear down and some miscelaneous parts, hand held svt tuner and other crap

Mike and Chris at Apex helped me out soooo much it was amazing to get someone willing to take my car in with so much concern and new exactly what to do by taking those pics for me and even calling travis and speaking to cole the engine builder ... Mike at Apex is not a lawyer but let me tell you Travis had Cole pick up my car that same weekend and it was rebuilt for me to pick it up 2weeks later unbelievable.. way to good to be true, all because of mike at apex

so now back to square one i put about a thousand miles on my engine then take it to Apex................. but please tell me why they tell me that H.C.I. probly never even repaird my engine, tell me why they just slapped everything back together, tell me why i have the same F***in problem i had from the begining....

this is what Apex found
5.1L stroke- was stroked bigger than a 5.1L the stroke was off wtf???
Custom Stage 3Comp Cams said to be way too agressive for the engine
tell me why travis pushed me to get this cams??? when i didnt even want them in the first place
there is so much more that im missing from my experience and so many stories about travis and the way that shop is ran but another story for another day im tired

if you guys have any more questions just ask and ill be glad to tell you .... i kno im leavin a few things out but just ask and ill tell

oh and when h.c.i. repaird my engine that was in feb. of 07 they wanted to charge me $2,300 for labor i laughed .... they said to pay em or i wont get the car ... i got my car but i cant say they got there money lol

they tried to take me to the District Attorney but guess what theyre little co. is not even licsenced or what ever you want to call it and this whole time i had my car in there from 2006-07 they were delinquent with the California B.A.R. Association they havnt been since 2005 and a shop has to be ligit with them or they cant work on any motor vehicle so guess what they werent even suppose to work on my car ... they re up to date now, after the guy i was workin with from the B.A.R. got a hold of them in feburary but just FYI you can visit california B.A.R. and punch in any shops bar# and see if there ligit if not thats one bad sign and two you can also find out if there in good standing as a cooperation and H.C.I. is not currently... ive learned so much its hard to give you guys all the info at once thats why i say if you have any concerns or questions ask me .... or if you want more detailed info ill give it to you

Damn I live in Sac. not to far from HCI either, i just picked up a 08 gt and was looking at them to install a KB soon......If you end up F'ng up someones car and you own up to it and fix it right, ya i may come back , BUT if you F'ng someones car up and kick them to the four winds and not even try to help mend the problem you created.... There should be lwas against that somewere... What ever the result good luck man and thanks for the heads up, I had already heard some nasty crap about gear installs gone terrible wrong !!!

OH YEA PLEASE DONT GO WITH H.C.I. THEY DONT EVEN DO TUNING THERE YOULL HAVE TO GO TO FORCE FED TO TUNE YOUR CAR.... CHECK OUT FORCE FED FOR THE INSTALL AND TUNE...... OR IF YOURE WILLING TO TRAVEL GO TO APEX IN SAN JO THEY DO THE INSTALL AND TUNE YOUR CAR FOR YOU .... MIKE IS CO-OWNER AND HE IS VERY HELPFUL AND CHRIS IS A PRETTY GOOD SHOP MANAGER HE'LL DEFINATLY TAKE CARE OF YOUR CAR AND THEY BACK UP THERE WORK

OH YEA PLEASE DONT GO WITH H.C.I. THEY DONT EVEN DO TUNING THERE YOULL HAVE TO GO TO FORCE FED TO TUNE YOUR CAR.... CHECK OUT FORCE FED FOR THE INSTALL AND TUNE...... OR IF YOURE WILLING TO TRAVEL GO TO APEX IN SAN JO THEY DO THE INSTALL AND TUNE YOUR CAR FOR YOU .... MIKE IS CO-OWNER AND HE IS VERY HELPFUL AND CHRIS IS A PRETTY GOOD SHOP MANAGER HE'LL DEFINATLY TAKE CARE OF YOUR CAR AND THEY BACK UP THERE WORK

How were the guys at force fed? the reason iam asking is because iam thinking about having them tune my car after i install my vortech in a few months. when i called them i kinda felt like they were trying to stear me toward a sct MAF that i really dont need.

uhh dont kno much bout them i just kno kieth can be rude sometimes ive read good and bad things about them... all you gotta do is google force fed performance and read through the reviews that pop up and make your own decision on wether you want to do business with them or not

uhh dont kno much bout them i just kno kieth can be rude sometimes ive read good and bad things about them... all you gotta do is google force fed performance and read through the reviews that pop up and make your own decision on wether you want to do business with them or not

Rule of thumb when reading reviews:

People are 10x more likely to write a bad review than a good one. It's just human nature. For example, if HCI did a prety good job on your car, it is not too likely you would have registered on this site and started a thread telling everyone how good HCI was to you.

I try to write good/bad reviews on a lot of things. It's just people get "extra-motivation" to write bad ones when they are angry.