B and M Hammer

• Sponsors (?)

the actual install for what it is, is seriously a pain in the ass.

you will have to remove the center console, jack the e brake up almost 90 degrees. you most likely will rip off the pleather boot.

then you got to feel you way under neath the center console to remove the wiring harneses.

then removing the shifter is a piece of cake. putting in the new shifter is equally easy. you will have to go under the car and play around with the transmission cable. that was a pain.

I have one, and I like it. I dont think its 100% flawless though. it can have its gremlins. but most of them are solved. I installed it slowly took a weekend to do.
but a pro could prolly do it under an hour. taking the console out will probabbly take the longest to do, then swapping out the shifters would take 30 min. then put it all together.

unless you have a second car, dont start this project. you will prolly have to go to autozone for misc parts.

I don't see why it's such a big deal. I installed mine with hand tools in my garage in a couple of hours, taking my time and making sure everything was right. I'm no mechanic, either. A couple of things (mentioned above) are tedious, but it's not hard, per se.

I don't see why it's such a big deal. I installed mine with hand tools in my garage in a couple of hours, taking my time and making sure everything was right. I'm no mechanic, either. A couple of things (mentioned above) are tedious, but it's not hard, per se.

Dont get me wrong, its a definite fun project and I am not a mechanic. I learned a little bit more about how my car works. Which is a definite plus. I guess if you are looking at it as a performance mod, time and effort could have been spent elsewhere.

if you are comfortable with a screwdriver and wrench, and you know how to tap into an electrical cable for power then the job is easy. its just time consuming.

Just don't expect this to be something really easy like installing a plenum & throttle body or some other average bolt on that everyone does, this will take a little extra effort.