Back From New Orleans w/Pics (56k Die)

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
Baltimore, MD
just a few pics. I didnt feel like carring my camera around everywhere, partly for fear of being mugged, so I didnt take a lot of pics. There were three murders within a few city blocks of our hotel, and a cop also got shot in the face while we were down there. We stayed in the French Quarter two blocks from Bourbon St.

All in all it was a good time. I got to meet some cool people in my class and see some chit, not to mention get my first Bourbon St. experience under my belt. Of course I would have rather went down there before katrina or sometime in the future when things get back to normal, but it really wasnt that bad. You can still see some of the devastation caused by that bitch, but you wouldnt know it by talking to a lot of people down there. Most of the time things seem like business as usual. Right now its a place I wouldnt mind visiting, but honestly I couldnt live there.

The SuperDome. You dont realize how big this mother is until you actually see it in person.
NewOrleans004.jpg

They look like ants.
View attachment 467067

This is a pic of NO about 15 miles over the Causeway bridge on Lake Ponchatrain (sp). Its the longest bridge in the world @ 23 miles.
View attachment 467069

No end in sight.....
View attachment 467071

The hotel we stayed in. There were 2 weddings each day on the weekends, with bridesmaids of course.
View attachment 467074

Now guys, I tried really, really hard to find the NO looter, but something tells me he's in a better place now......

View attachment 467075

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldnt know, I only drove by it. The French Quarter smells like poo though. We're just walking along and then all of a sudden its like walking through the stench of sewage :puke:

5.0's 4 ever said:
Its good to hear that things are getting back to normal in new orleans :rolleyes:
troof. the good news is they believe he's going to live and they caught the piece of **** that shot him. Justice would be letting the officer return the favor when he gets well. :nice:

Hey man...why didn't you call me? Ida come hung out. :D

The bridge you were on a couple of my co-workers drive it every day. My route takes me on the west side of the lake...36 miles of continuous bridge from St Rose to Ponchatoula. South Louisiana is full of them.

The Dome is supposed to be ready by Sept 1st...at least that is the goal. You missed alot of the bad areas though. I have co-workers in FEMA trailers that have nothing to go back to...still.

As far as the crime...the derelicts are coming back. As long as there is a market for drugs there will always be teh punks profiting.

Glad you enjoyed it...I haven't been on Bourbon Street in a while. Only once in the last 10 years or so.

COramprat said:
Hey man...why didn't you call me? Ida come hung out. :D

The bridge you were on a couple of my co-workers drive it every day. My route takes me on the west side of the lake...36 miles of continuous bridge from St Rose to Ponchatoula. South Louisiana is full of them.

The Dome is supposed to be ready by Sept 1st...at least that is the goal. You missed alot of the bad areas though. I have co-workers in FEMA trailers that have nothing to go back to...still.

As far as the crime...the derelicts are coming back. As long as there is a market for drugs there will always be teh punks profiting.

Glad you enjoyed it...I haven't been on Bourbon Street in a while. Only once in the last 10 years or so.
you know man I thought about it, I really did. I was gonna make a thread to see who is in the NO area and would want to meet up, but I didnt have the stang with me since they flew us down, and I didnt even have control of the rental car. They put the rental car in the other guys name and the hotel room in mine, bastards :mad:

We stayed @ the Maison Dupuy on Tolouse St., and drove to Metarie every day. I saw some of the FEMA trailers and the abandoned cars they stashed under the overpasses, and one boat still hanging out on a street, but Im sure I missed a lot of the damage that still looms, and Im kind of glad I did.

Next time Im down that way, whenever it may be, I'll be sure to take the stang and hopefully meet some of you crazy bastards :nice: