Back from the track... And now in the 12 sec club!

Xcessiv

Jul 16, 2004
This was my second experience ever at the quarter mile dragway...

Mustang GT 2001 with the following mods:
- exhaust (Flowmaster + MAC OR h-pipe)
- predator in "safe setup" (91 fuel)
- ET streets

That's it... No weight saving at all, no race fuel.

The result:
Timeslip_Xcessiv.jpg

Best run
60 ft: 1.821
1/8 de mile: 8.286
1/4 de mile: 12.962 @ 107.1 mph

Best trap speed: 107.3 mph
Best 60 ft: 1.750
Best 1/8 mile: 8.24

I ran high 12s @ 107.X mph multiple times on both lane so it's not a "once in a life luck". :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Ho BTW, the times and trap speeds were pretty accurate even if it looks "too fast to be true".

For example, LS1s were running mid-high 13s @ 103ish mph. Stock GTs were running low 14s @ 97-99 mph.

Xcessiv said:
This was my second experience ever at the quarter mile dragway...

Mustang GT 2001 with the following mods:
- exhaust (Flowmaster + MAC OR h-pipe)
- predator in "safe setup" (91 fuel)
- ET streets

That's it... No weight saving at all, no race fuel.

The result:
Timeslip_Xcessiv.jpg

Best run
60 ft: 1.821
1/8 de mile: 8.286
1/4 de mile: 12.962 @ 107.1 mph

Best trap speed: 107.3 mph
Best 60 ft: 1.750
Best 1/8 mile: 8.24

I ran high 12s @ 107.X mph multiple times on both lane so it's not a "once in a life luck". :hail2:
Ive raced quite a few times and have never seen a 99-04 gt run your trap speeds with the few mods u have, maybe a 103ish tops...could be a heck of a run though. You do have an awesome et as well. :shrug:

Bullitt0616 said:
doesn't sea-level affect that too?

our local track is very close to sea-level so cars end up going faster than a track thats higher.
Yes and I was quite close to sea-level (160 feet). It helped for sure but most slicked bolt-ons GT run mid 13s even here...

big T said:
Ive raced quite a few times and have never seen a 99-04 gt run your trap speeds with the few mods u have, maybe a 103ish tops...could be a heck of a run though. You do have an awesome et as well. :shrug:
Thanks. :)

When I bought the car, I went on another track to see what I would run without any experience. I ran 105.X trap speeds all day long... Now, with better driving and good conditions, it's in the 107 mph range. It's logical and everything has been done on 2 different tracks.

GAWD lol, im going to have to come up there to run my car. You guys are getting crazy ETs/traps up there in canada, but I believe there is a huge high pressure up there now right? Do you know what the D.A. was? www.weather.com will give you the stats for last night...and if you can post them (pressure,temp,humidity ect), then we can figure out the D.A. Keep it up man.

Xcessiv said:
Thanks. :)

When I bought the car, I went on another track to see what I would run without any experience. I ran 105.X trap speeds all day long... Now, with better driving and good conditions, it's in the 107 mph range. It's logical and everything has been done on 2 different tracks.
Youve convinced me. :hail2: