Best power adder for HOT weather??

evil281

Jan 6, 2008
Arizona
I get my 8k tax credit this year and im almost 100% dead set on a power adder for the 99 gt. I live in AZ and most year round its pretty damn hot, in june july and august it get up to 100-115 degrees, the gt is my daily driver so i want the best power adder for that as well, looking for close to 400 hp, nothing more since im not forged. let me know guys!!

DSCF2902.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

You could go with some juice, but if it were me and I had the $$ I would go with a D1SC procharger......that blower, low boost, good tune and the fuel system and a safe 400 easy and the intercooler should work pretty good for ya :nice:

any centri blower will be good for you...the boost doesn't come in till around 2800-3000 rpms so if your just cruisin round town it's like it's not even there. if you want to keep your temps low go for a fmic or meth injection. before my intercooler my meth kept up pretty well. in the dead of summer and temps just over 100 at full boost my intake temps only got to 115-120 deg. now with my intercooler they are right around ambient temps all the time.

First things first....do you want stump pulling torque down low and neck snapping mid range that pulls steady all the way to red line.

...or do you want a soft bottom end, with a sudden smooth rush in the mid range that continues exponentially to red line.

If the 2nd feeling is what you’re after, then go with a centrifugal charger like suggested above. (Procharger, Vortech, Paxton)

…if the first is what you’re after, you’re only option is something in the Positive Displacement variety. (Kenne Bell, Torque Tech, Whipple)

Any of them in intercooled form will control ACT’s well under any weather condition, so don’t let that deter you. You’re the one who’s got to drive the car everyday, so go with the power band you want to experience most.