best way to insure my stang?

68FBJJZ109

May 2, 2005
Easton, PA
It there a company which will actaully allow you to use you car? I am 22 and it seem the situations in which the car will actaully be covered are very very limited. I want to be able to enjoy the vehicle that i have put thousands of dollars and hours into. Basically, I want to be able to enjoy it as if it where say a new GT 500. Just if something where to happen to it, I want it insured for what the car is actaully worth, not some allstate depreciated value. Also any repairs to be done at a place can deal with classic cars. Is this possilbe? So far from the companies i have called no its not.

• Sponsors (?)

check with either grundy, or haggerty... grundy will insure my 65, agreed value $30,000 unlimited miles, for 348.00 per year. the only catch is the car must be under lock and key while it is stored. your cost may be higher, as you are only 22, (most companies will give you a break after you turn 25) but i feel 348.00 for full coverage, is pretty good...

Kevin,

You are in a tough situation, as I know your car, and you.

Most classic insurers will not insure anyone under 25 years old. In addition, your car is, ahem, not stock, which makes it tougher. You need to find a company that deals in customs and/or street rods that will write a policy that just covers a value you set. These policies are all restricted use. My Cobra has one of these. I hear State Farm has a special vehicle policy, maybe worth checking. If not, check with the major companies, or hopefully someone here has had some luck and can point you.

Dan

Yeah thats all she said, my car just needs to be appraised then agree on how much coverage I want, and thats all she wrote. Very happy about that. I want to be the one calling the shots on when and where i can drive my car.