Big Blue HAPPY Fuzzy

65stanger

big blue fuzzy closet monster
Founding Member
Ok folks, I know there has been some clamoring for pics, so here ya go.......

Why is Big Blue a Happy Fuzzy you ask?
'cause today, after five days of wet weather, we got back to work on "sally"

Sandblasting is done.
Undercarriage washed clean.
Undercarriage has been "Metal Ready"-ed.
Undercarriage has been rinsed.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Tomorrow will be POR15 day.
Friday will be seam seal and undercoat day.
After that, it's just a matter of bolting everything up!:banana:

Now you understand why Big Blue HAPPY Fuzzy?

Attachments

• MReady1.jpg
    MReady1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 224
  • MReady2.jpg
    MReady2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 256
  • Sponsors (?)

krash kendall said:
Wow! That sure came good! I bet you'd recommend a rotisserie to anyone asking for advice. That or an eager 19 year old with spare time and a good back like you mentioned earlier. Is he an EMS prospective recruit?
Thank you! and YES!!! on all accounts.....Rotisserie AND eager 19 y/o helper!
He has said he would like to get his EMT cert., but right now he's focusing on his college education. The irony being, the school he's at offers one of the best Paramedic programs in the state, but they don't offer the EMT-Basic, while the local community college offers the EMT-B (w/ college credit of course), but not during the summer when he's got the time to do it!

I'm just sooooooooooo Fuzzy HAPPY that the worst of this is just about over!

Got some REAL news on my tyres too. A CSR who actually knows what he's talking about has been in touch w/ BFG. THEIR est. delivery is 4 to 6 weeks.
Not the best of news, but at least it's more than the previous CSR was telling me......."Backorders take 2 to 3 weeks"........Ummmmmmm, it's been 5 weeks already..................

So we're looking at an Octobeerfest Wheels Down Celebration........just in time to wrap for winter!

Chelle - she's no longer naked. She's got her "underwear" now, and tomorrow is seam seal and undercoat day!

Chepsk8 - no, no Spring time unveiling.....still alot of body work / paint / etc., to do..........:( However, we be one day closer to "Wheels Down" (if I ever get my tyres!)

This morning was "POR15 Day", 20 minutes of set up and 20 minutes of clean up for 5 minutes of spraying, and here's the results..........:
attachment.php

attachment.php

If I can complete the seam sealing and undercoating early enough tomorrow, I may be able to install my brake lines / cables, and fuel lines tomorrow, otherwise I'll get them in Monday morning and start the rest of the reassembly Monday afternoon.:nice:

Attachments

• POR 1.jpg
    POR 1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 208
  • POR 2.jpg
    POR 2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 188
Here's something everyone should have in their toolbox.........:
attachment.php

Notice, even after 4 hours on his back in a gravel driveway, sandblasting, scraping washing and prepping the undercarriage, he's still a grinnin'!

Did I mention, he's been bit by the "Classic 'Stang" bug? I figure in a few years (after he graduates college), we'll find him his own classic to play with!
(Now if I can just get the keys for the '06 GT vert from him.................)

Attachments

• PJ.jpg
    PJ.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 189
chepsk8 said:
Not D! She needs more weight!

(hoo boy, I'm in for it now.......)
No, but after Fuzzy posted the picture of his Probie; you might want to check to see if she's working out Mapquest for the directions from your house to Fritz' firehouse :eek:

As StangDreamin' works feverishly to password-protect StangNet from his daughter Jessie.......

StangDreamin' said:
No, but after Fuzzy posted the picture of his Probie; you might want to check to see if she's working out Mapquest for the directions from your house to Fritz' firehouse :eek:

As StangDreamin' works feverishly to password-protect StangNet from his daughter Jessie.......
:doh: you mean I wasn't supposed to send them the directions?:nonono:

Well today is the day.......Seam sealing and undercoating, and mebbe perhaps if there is enough time and the undercarriage cures enough, I might start bolting stuff back up........fuel and brake lines, brake cables...........:nice:

As is the undercoating............
attachment.php

I've got the fuel line and the brake line hanging, but I have to wait until the undercoat finishes curing to finish installing them, 'cause I'm smearing the undercoat as it is now.....:p

attachment.php

BBFCM waiting for the undercoating to dry.......

Attachments

• UC 1.jpg
    UC 1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 193
  • BBF.jpg
    BBF.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 176