Bridgestone Potenza G019's Vs Good year Eagle GT's?

monte87

Founding Member
Feb 26, 2001
new york
Hey Guys-

The STANG is in desperate need of tires, last time out was 12/2004.... Except my drag radials.... Anyhow-I stopped in Firestone in Edison NJ and got a quote for some BRIDGESTONE 4 tires with Uni-T, 121661 G019 Grid BL 225/55R16 95V rated 50,000, the entire works, mounting, tire disposal, balancing, valve stems and all that other **** for $638.86 (tax included)....... It comes to $111.99 per tire. With Firestoine, if you get the credit card, you get 6 months free no interest and a $25 off tire total, and bridgestone has a $50 mail in rebate w/AMEX gift card.

Bridgestone Potenza G 019 Grid

VS.

GOOD YEAR in Edison as well, they gave me a qutoe for EAGLE GT's set of 4, V rated 50,000 miles with the entire works just as firestone for $640.00 (tax included) and that comes with a lifetime warranty on balancing and tire rotation.

Goodyear Eagle GT

Which tires are a better, liek i stated its been a while since i was due for new tires, im stumped................... Hook a bro up with some tire 411.

Many Thanks Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

When I have needed tires in the past, I have looked at the ratings on Tire Rack dot com and I was VERY satisfied with the recommendations that I found there. I ended up with a set of Bridgestone Potenza Pole Positions and they were AMAZING. I was taking 90* corners at nearly 40mph in my Porsche 914 without so much as a chirp from the tires. It depends on how you will use them though too.

I just put a set of the GT's on my G35 sedan. Good grip, nice tread, not much road noise, and with a 50,000 tread life, who can complain.

Although, I wouldnt have thought to put them on my Mustang. Let us know how it works out for you.