BRING ON THE LARGE MB PICS AND MOVIES!!!

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
:banana: FINALLY got broadband! Since 2001 I have been struggling with a dialup connection of 28.8K LOL...its been rough and I have skipped ALOT of pic threads and good movie clips. DSL and cable are not available in my area so I convinced my parrents to go 50/50 with me on a satellite DSL setup. :D They pay $6 more a month vs AOL dialup....and we opted to keep the AOL service (for Email) for a small monthly fee. WOOT!!!

I remember trying a speed check back when I was on dialup and I think it timed out the servers :rlaugh: . Transfer rate was 3-4 KBPS durring a download :nonono: . I just tested this one (cheapest version of hughesnet satellite) and put down a best of 786KBPS out of 3 tries :nice: (76X lowest). I know there are faster, but for my needs....this is MORE than enough....I can watch streaming video and pics download FAST once the page starts loading (about a second delay). GOOD BY 4 banger DIAL UP!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello "V8 muscle broadband" :flag: Thats all. :D :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

hughesnet, ive seen a few commercials about their company. im actually quite oddly interested in howard hughes' history, is this one of "his" companies? im not basing this just on the name, theres somethign about whats said in the commercial that gets me thinking about it for some reason......

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]I have a ton of vids on my computer but I don't know how to share them. I know I can put them on some websites but then you usually can't save them to your computer from those sites. If anyone know's an easy way to share large files let me know.[/QUOTE]
some IMs allow you to transfer large files. i think MSN messenger does. (i have the windows live beta, and it allows you to do this) i have done several movies with this, and have had no problems, other than it does take a while to transfer. i usually do it at the end of the night, and let it run till i wake up in the morning, so i dont lose any time surfin the web :nice:

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]I have a ton of vids on my computer but I don't know how to share them. I know I can put them on some websites but then you usually can't save them to your computer from those sites. If anyone know's an easy way to share large files let me know.[/QUOTE]

http://www.egoshare.com/

I think you can upload 100mb here

HAHA its funny, before I got BB EVERYONE had BB...and I only knew like 1 or 2 people with dialup...and heard things like the above "wow I never met anyone that had dailup" lol. I dont think its Texas per say, just that I live in the sticks as they call it. :D
But now ALOT of people I ask actually have dialup...and usually its just that they dont want to pay for cable or DSL. :shrug:
And nope, ill never go back :banana:

here's a pic for ya!

img0020edited16sj.jpg

Attachments

• img0020edited16sj.jpg
    img0020edited16sj.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 66
merc123 said:
So that's why you have a fast car! It made up for your *cough* inadequacies.

:rlaugh: :lol:

Well not all of us have inadequacies :D ...some of us can have our cake and eat it too :flag: . :SNSign:

And stangman....thats a nice pic! Took about 6 seconds on that one...alot better than 6 minutes though :rlaugh: . Im going to reload the page and stop it..then just load the pic and see what happens....well since it had loaded before, it loaded instantly. :shrug:

hotmustang331 said:
:rlaugh: :lol:

Well not all of us have inadequacies :D ...some of us can have our cake and eat it too :flag: . :SNSign:

And stangman....thats a nice pic! Took about 6 seconds on that one...alot better than 6 minutes though :rlaugh: . Im going to reload the page and stop it..then just load the pic and see what happens....well since it had loaded before, it loaded instantly. :shrug:

thanks :D i got bored & took some new pics after a nice detail the other day :)