Buyers beware! Don't deal with Coastal50

jbuening

Apr 28, 2005
A fellow on here posted a set of 70 mustang louvers for sale and the price was reasonable so i bit and sent him money via paypal. Excuse after excuse from him and i tried to be patient. My 45 day refund policy for Paypal expired so i cannot file a claim with paypal. I sent him money the beginning of September and still no parts. I normally don't post things like this, but i found a 4x4 forum in which he has screwed many people on there before and i don't want this to happen again on this site. His username is Coastal50, name is Harry Snyder, and lives in Spartansburg South Carolina. He cancelled his cell phone, quit his job, and is bouncing from house to house. Attached is a few links of other angry people who have dealt with him. This sucks :Damnit: crapola :mad:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244183

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241268

• Sponsors (?)

he has an aol IP.

Which means that there are a kerbizillion people who all have the same IP addresses.

I know this wont make you feel any better. But I do not buy anything that is out of beatdown distance. Meaning, that If I bought something. I would be able drive to thier house within a few hours to see what the status of the deal is.

Yeah i know i also try to stay in the area with deals outside of ebay, but the price was really good and i bit. Live and learn i guess. Well if anyone is near Spartansburg, SC please let me know. Dirty deeds done dirt cheap? :shrug:

tylers65 said:
Coastal50 = Banned from Stangnet.

Sorry, best I can do for you.

Hey at least he can't bother anyone else here then. Thanks for your help. He will be hearing from his local police department real soon. I have the investigaters name that is currently on a case with a buyer on the 4x4 forum. He paid $1200 for a set of axles and didn't get them either IIRC. I may just join the bandwagon and see if he can get my money back too!

jbuening said:
Hey at least he can't bother anyone else here then. Thanks for your help. He will be hearing from his local police department real soon. I have the investigaters name that is currently on a case with a buyer on the 4x4 forum. He paid $1200 for a set of axles and didn't get them either IIRC. I may just join the bandwagon and see if he can get my money back too!

i believe if the transaction was made over the internet you might be able to get the FBI invlolved as well something interstate fraud or something like that

bnickel said:
i believe if the transaction was made over the internet you might be able to get the FBI invlolved as well something interstate fraud or something like that

See thats kinda what i was thinking! Any lawyers in here that can vouch for this? :shrug: I'd really hate to take a guy to court over such a small amount, but since he is doing this nonstop to other people then someone needs to stop him.

In Oregon, there is something like a $10,000 minimum before any prosecution will take place.

you can file a civil suit though.

Keep that in mind when you are talking to the police. They might not be able to go after the person.

Also, you mentioned you paid using PayPal, but did not say whether it was credit card or balance transfer. If you paid using a credit card, call your card and they can help ... most times they credit your account.

If you used a balance transfer, unfortunately there isn't much that can be done (even if the PayPal timeperiod hasn't expired). PayPal is excellent for the seller -- not that great for the buyer

Finally got a response from him via email:

sorry for the delay, i've been in a bit of trouble. as soon as i can
afford it i will mail you your money back. i apologize. please email me
at #$%#[email protected] this email account will be gone as i haven't
been able to pay my aol bill for a few months. sorry jeremy.

Trouble? I wonder why :nonono: