CAI question

legomaniac32 said:
just my 2 cents worth..

the bottom line here is the unique customizing of "hot rodding" your car.
in the old days, people hot rodded the cars with whatever their budget or knowledge allowed. look at an old 32 ford or something, they cut the hoods or fenders off, chopped the roofs, frenched lights etc. all whatever way they saw fit. there were no "speed" shops back then and they used whatever on hand to get the job done and perform or look the way they wanted. i know people that used air vent metal for sheet metal for floors etc and the end look was great. you couldnt tell. or you could just go buy a floor panel and install it. maybe for a show car. if all you are going to do is go to a speed shop and buy all the premade parts for your "custom" car..what fun is that?
pvc pipe is used for a number of uses besides sewer pipe, but if it works for the back yard hot rodder..why not? its using your imagination. i say the money you save making things you need can be put toward things you cant make like nice rims or turbos or whatever you want to add in the future.
i once painted one of my old cars with spray paint cans, cause i couldnt afford the body shop prices at the time. I took my time and it turned out as good or better than a pro paint job. even had people ask where it was painted. LOL when it was done it had a mirror finish, no runs or orange peel, and cost me a fraction of the cost.
my point is, customizing is customizing. its your baby you are working on, if you can use your imagination to achieve the outcome of what you want and not go broke in the process, go for it. other wise, just go spend a small fortune on a car thats already done, and get no satisfaction of getting your hands dirty, cuts and scrapes, blood and sweat, and driving in your car you put the work into...
like i said..just my 2 cents :D

What a cool post! Nicely put bud.

• Sponsors (?)