Cams Install Video...

• Sponsors (?)

We started on Friday night and finished it Tuesday. we didn't work full days though. Valvesprings took up 3 days time. The tool came from Snap On.

btw.. the video will be redited and changed.. I just found out there was a miss in the car.. possible was only running on 2 cylinders lol

csledd said:
We started on Friday night and finished it Tuesday. we didn't work full days though. Valvesprings took up 3 days time. The tool came from Snap On.

btw.. the video will be redited and changed.. I just found out there was a miss in the car.. possible was only running on 2 cylinders lol
ok, snap on. i was gonna ask you where you got that. do you have the torque specs? i was looking for them if you wouldnt mind. also, do you need a special tool to time the cams? or do you just line up the marks? never done cams driven by a chain. oh, and did you use a new gasket for the timing cover? how do the cams feel? tuned yet?

DerekStangGT said:
ok, snap on. i was gonna ask you where you got that. do you have the torque specs? i was looking for them if you wouldnt mind. also, do you need a special tool to time the cams? or do you just line up the marks? never done cams driven by a chain. oh, and did you use a new gasket for the timing cover? how do the cams feel? tuned yet?

No specs, sorry. No special tool needed to time the cams.. you just have to get it all lined up with TDC (top dead center). I put new gaskets all around.. which they are Ford OEM :D I haven't got on it yet lol, so I dunno how it feels. I just got it finished yesterday and found out it had a miss in it.. 3 rubber boots had a cut or hole in them (our fault) so I had to replace those and it's much better now. I'm suppose to be getting a dyno tune on Saturday, but my tuner called me and said his dyno broke.. so it might not happen yet :(

Ahh heres the thread :D. I was wondering if you were going to post one lol. Didnt watch this vid though, much too long for teh dailup...thanks for the shorty version lol.

Whats FTW? Guess its off to the defenition thread...

hotmustang331 said:
Ahh heres the thread :D. I was wondering if you were going to post one lol. Didnt watch this vid though, much too long for teh dailup...thanks for the shorty version lol.

Whats FTW? Guess its off to the defenition thread...

Missing out in the credits

cams3.jpg

BTW, how much did the tool cost? I saw one at Sears for $15 today.

Updated "chop" via MSPaint.

Attachments

• cams3.jpg
    cams3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 101