Can leather seats be recondition?

Back2Mustangs

Sep 2, 2004
I was just wondering - you know how, eventually the shiny surface wears away on your leather seats and it looks all dull and grey...? Are there places that you can take your seats to that can restore their original shine and luster? Can you do it yourself? How/where? Please help.

Thanks,
Michael

• Sponsors (?)

I did research on this myself at one point and was really shocked at what they Can do with leather seats. They can take something that's totally cracked and looks ruined and make it look like new again. It's amazing, if I find a link I will post it. But Yes there are folks that will do it. I ended up reupholstering my own seats with vinyl w/ suede inserts. Really wasn't that hard. ;)

Thanks for the info-

Well thats good to know! There is a guy that wants to do an even swap - my mint 96 GT black cloth seats for his black leather 95 GT seats. His seats have no tears or rips, but I can see where the driver's seat is starting to lose its shiny finish and expose the dull grey. I'll look into this, locally, and see if anyone around here can refresh the leather and what the cost is. I'm replacing the seats in a few weeks anyways with suede Corbeaus, but I figure I can sell the leathers for more than the cloth so I'll probably go ahead and trade seats with the guy.