car mag obsession..........

streetgrande69

Founding Member
Nov 2, 2002
Splendora, Tx
Hi my name's Eric and I can't resist the urge to by car magazines!!

I'm addicted!!

I used to have a subscription to Mustang Illustrated, Mustangs and Fast Fords and MM. I let them all run out. If I look hard enough, I can find Stang mags from '94. I recently started buying Hot Rod, and PHR (Popular Hot Rod)

Am I alone? Are there others like me? I think we should form an oginization so we can have a union and I can get benefits............

• Sponsors (?)

I used to but the classics mags BORE me, the Hot Rods and such are not a whole lot better. Myself Id rather buy vids of overhaulin, or things that Jessie James/Foose have done. Most everything else is sos dd.

i'm missing very few issues of hot rod, car craft, mustang monthly, mustang and fords, popular hotrodding and super ford from back to about 1985. i have boxes and old coolers full of them, scared to count them actually. if i could get just 2 bucks a piece for them i could probably have enough to finish my car. :(

The PO of my car is an art director at Primedia. So when I picked my car up, I was given almost every Mustang Monthly dating back to '94. Then when Jeff switched to Mustang and Fords, I got a subscription to that too.

I also have every issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines. But that just came out last year. :D

I've been buying car magazines with regularity since '87, which was before I even bought my Mach. I probably have every issue of PHR, HR, CC, MM, MM&FF, Mustang Illustrated, Mustang&Fords, and a bunch of others between '89 and '95. I was only intermittent in purchasing between '95 and '99 (I was dating my wife), which means I only have half of all thoses. Then, starting in 2000 I just got subscriptions to MM, Mustang&Fords, HR, CC, PHR, and then Hemmings Mustang. And then I also regularly bought Grassroots Motorsport, and occassionally SuperStreet, Sport Compact Car, Rodding, and a few others. So yes, I'm a junkie. I must've spent over $6k on magazines over the years.

That said, you get a lot for your money by subscribing. I got PHR, HR, and CC all for under $30. I'm thinking I'm gonna let my Mustang&Ford subscription lapse since that magazine has pretty much become a big info-mercial for their advertiser's products. Hemmings is the best Mustang rag now.

BTW, anyone notice the new format in Hot Rod??? I love it, but its totally metro-sexual. My gay friends even find it very fashionably chic... :eek:

I have a subscription to Car Craft and Mustangs and Fords. I also buy magazines on trucks and motorcycles. I finally went through my stack before cruise because I figured it would be pointless to have mags that deal with 5.0's since I don't have one. We'll start something in our neighborhood Eric. Maybe we can have weekly meetings.