Car Wont Start Theft Flash Dash Or Is Fuel Pump Bad

Jameskoen

Jan 22, 2016
I owm a 98 ford mustsng 3.8 v 6
And I am having problems with my car starting I have a few as questions# 1 on
My dash it is blinking thef will that prevent the fuel pump from sending fuel to the engine for it to start if so how do I get it reset it so it no longer appears on
Dash , the car starts when i spray gas in in throttle body .number 2 when I bought the car the gas tank was off of it and I had to buy a new tank and a fuel pump but I didn't buy it brand new I got it out of a wrecking yard now is my pump bad how do I go about checking my fuel pump if the theft light is not preventing me from starting it how do I check like I say my fuel pump liked I had to buy a tank and a
fueI pump out of awreaking yard would like to check and see if it is good I checked it on the fuel manifold that fuels the injectors and its not squirting any gas out of the valve please help ineed my car running I have to get to work and not ask other people to take me to work

• Sponsors (?)

you state it will fire with starting fluid so I would first I would check all the fuses, check the roll over/ accident switch that controls the fuel pump to see if it tripped. then do a fuel pressure test with a proper gauge, remember it is possible that junk yard tank could have had a bad pump in it to start with . start with the no cost checks first. back track your work "example wiring plugs on tight",
the blinking dash theft lamp means the system is not getting a signal from the chip in the key, as a tech I have seen bad parts around the key switch and connected to the pcm that sense the key chip and bad chips in the keys them self that will also keep the pump from turning on