Drivetrain Clutch Noise?

John_Soice_928

Nov 1, 2014
So i went on a drive today in my 89 lx 5.0.. noticed a new "squeak" seems to sound like the belt tensioner before i replaced it.. but when i push my clutch back in the noise just stops.. is it time for a new clutch, and if so what clutch should i go with?? 5.0 b303 cam 24# injectors msd super conductor hooker headers and flowmaster exhaust.. also just a random question is 165* too cool for my motor to run or should i keep it where its at as far as the temp goes?

• Sponsors (?)

If you are really running 165 deg F, you car will run rich/warm up mode and will not rely on the O2 sensor to get the mix right. So trying to run cooler should cost you power.

Sounds like you have a problem with your throwout bearing. I've been having issue with mine so I know that "squeak" all too well. It squeaks/rattles but stops when you push in the clutch.

If it goes away with only partial pedal pressure then your church adjustment isn't tight enough

then your church adjustment isn't tight enough? LOL That's what I might tell the nursing home people that I preach to on Saturday nights...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user