Cobra or Gt bumper on my 93?

rdharper02

like kicking myself in the junk
10 Year Member
May 8, 2006
I have a buddy with a cervini cobra bumper that he didnt use. The price is real right and I'm doing alot of bodywork on other areas of the car. I dont know, the GT bumper will hide the three inch exhaust and a sumped tank. I was attempting to keep the car looking fairly stock. Well, untill I bought the "R" hood with SVO scoop. What do you guys think? Like I said the GT would hide alot, but it does need some work (sags, tear etc).

• Sponsors (?)

He!! I think I might just buy it and sell it if I dont use it. I didnt ask if it was ABS or fiberglass. Anyone know what Cervini is making their bumpers with? Wont touch it if its glass.

rdharper02 said:
He!! I think I might just buy it and sell it if I dont use it. I didnt ask if it was ABS or fiberglass. Anyone know what Cervini is making their bumpers with? Wont touch it if its glass.

If it is a Cervini piece it is made of urethane. It is flexible and has cervinis stamped on the inside of the bumper.

I like the cobra rear bumper rather than the GT.

cobrarear.jpg

The guy wouldnt lie, though I havnt seen it. He has like four foxes between him and his son, but decided to keep the LX bumper on when he repainted. I was about to ask if anyone had pics with the GT sides skirts....question answered. Are you using an exhaust for a LX, or did you have someone fab one up? Havnt looked into this one, but will be attempting to run a 3 inch due to the turbo kit.

rdharper02 said:
The guy wouldnt lie, though I havnt seen it. He has like four foxes between him and his son, but decided to keep the LX bumper on when he repainted. I was about to ask if anyone had pics with the GT sides skirts....question answered. Are you using an exhaust for a LX, or did you have someone fab one up? Havnt looked into this one, but will be attempting to run a 3 inch due to the turbo kit.

I have a 2.5 inch GT exhaust with 3" tips welded on. All they did was cut off the GT turndowns and weld the tips far enough up so you can't see where they are welded.