Colder temp. air = more boost??

98GtRioRed

Dec 7, 2002
Any other super charged folks make more boost in colder weather? I have a 6# pulley and here lately in 38* or 40* ish weather I can get up to 9# of boost at WOT. This would be great if I had the tune, but I get spark knock. I will be at T&J performance in Feb for a tune. Should I be looking into this before I go?

• Sponsors (?)

you just need to be careful. most people will see an increase in boost with lower temps. i would take it easy until you get that tune. btw, my car pings in fourth gear under load. I'm going to put 100 octane in it until this summer (i don't drive it much in the winter months)

98GtRioRed said:
Does the 100 octane help you in the colder months? Did you have a tune done and still have the 4th gear ping?

the higher octane is for the pinging. ex. if someone is pinging at a lower grade you should move up to a higher octane (i run 93 octane and heard the ping so i moved up to the next level...100 octane to be safe). This is a quick fix to a bigger problem. I do not know for sure but I think that in my case the winter months (oxygenated fuel) and cold weather will cause some problems. My tune was done by Steeda when the car was new and hasn't been touched since. I've had it on the dyno and know the a/f mixture but will try this summer (when I have some money) to check it out again as far as tuning issues.