Cops Clamp Down on Illegal Drag Racing

oh, i saw that too, it was great when he said "I thought I would have more since I spent 80 thousand on it" I was like....WTF!? i saw maybe, and maybe is a stretch 15 G's tops in that thing, and a CAI and exhaust and gonna pull near what he wants. Funny as hell

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='03 6-Speed]oh, i saw that too, it was great when he said "I thought I would have more since I spent 80 thousand on it" I was like....WTF!? i saw maybe, and maybe is a stretch 15 G's tops in that thing, and a CAI and exhaust and gonna pull near what he wants. Funny as hell[/QUOTE]

SAY WHAT 80K... :lol: I didn't hear that part :bang: I was at my inlaws and couldn't but a word here and there. Crap 80k and that is what he winded up with :shrug: someone needs to kick his $$$ :rlaugh: I could see spending like 10-15 k to buy the car ( close to new if not new) and put another 2-5k in it but to drop 80k on that crap that probly does 17's - 16's :rolleyes: Hell I could buy a 03' Cobra for 20-30k that does 390-425hp stock and does mid 12's. Then the other 50k would pay for my sons College ;)

Panhandle hey...where do you live?

Penguin said:
It's called a drag strip. Ever heard of that one? They're legal and supervised. They have crews and are a lot safer without traffic and pedestrians in the way. With all the money they spend on illegal betting, they could easily rent the local track for the night. The only reason they do it is because it IS illegal and it gives them a rush.

That would be a great idea...... except we don't have a local track where i live. :shrug: The closest track around is 2 hours away and its 1/8 mile, the closest 1/4 track that i know of is 4 hours away, yet the closest back road is 5 miles away, gotta love West Virgina. :rolleyes:

Get a huge group of people together and either find some sponsors or buy your own land to make a drag strip. If there is that much demand. If there are a lot of houses near your area, then there may be regulations against the sound dragstrips put out, bug the crap out of the local government if you can.
Do you have any road race tracks nearby? Otherwise, go drive 2 hours and race on the 1/8th track. I've driven as much as 10 hours to see some cars race. I try to go to the Atlanta Dragway (3 hrs) and Lowes Motor Speedway (1.5 hrs) whenever I can to see car shows and races. I haven't gotten into actually racing yet, but with the car club I joined recently, I hope to get more involved in the speed part of our cars.

I don't have the answer for everyone's speed need. Everyone's situation is different, I was just replying to the article's subject.

When my freinds and i want to race we do drive the 2 hours to the track, i was just complaining about living in the middle of nowwhere bfte. But every now and then late at night there is a back road, and if you knew where i lived you would understand just what i mean by back road, that people sometimes race on, its not like the whole ff BS though, its a one pass see who gets to the end without hitting a deer kinda race and then everybody sits at the closed down truck stop talking about why the loser lost. That doesn't happen to often though. I've only done it twice once agaist my freinds vette and once against my other friends camaro and that was last summer. Even though its not as safe as a track and it shouldn't be done very often, well not at all, there are no houses and you can see for a couple miles. And its not in the middle of town, its actually 30 min. to the nearest store. But i still prefer the track due to the lower number of deer on the track.

And there is no way they would ever build a track here, not enough people not enough money and too many old people would complain, i'm not sure what they would complain about but they would find something they are good at that around here, too much time on there hands i belive. :)

Penguin said:
Ok... I can see what you're saying. I beg to differ on the track thing. On the track it's more relaxed. You feel safer and don't have to worry about anywhere near the amount of things you do on the street. Also, you can't throw :bs: about who won and get in fights, because they have actual timing lights and you don't try to block them from getting in front of you (like some people do on the street). Someone else mentioned the 'illegal gambling', which I'm sure they do. You may not have the money to go to the track, but they do. Especially since they spent $25k on their sport compact.

I agree with most of what Pro-Hawk said.

If you look at the article again. You can see there was drinking and endangering of other drivers.

I wasn't referring to the guy who every once in awhile just happens to line up with someone at a light and they want to race. Then if there's no traffic, give it a little go. It's quite fun sometimes, but if you get caught, don't whine, you knew what you were doing and you took the chance. Nothing wrong with taking what you deserve.

Well man, it sounds to me like you and I are actually in agreement here. :nice: :flag: I've always been against drinking and driving, and as far as not whining if you get caught doing something you probably shouldn't be doing well, I agree with that 100% as well. Truth be told, you're right....alot of the people who go and bet on races have the money to take their car down to the track...and they should if they are going to be doing it that often. I know if I were ever going to sink the kind of money into my car that alot of those kids do, I'd rather be on the track than risk having my car impounded. I definitly fall under the category of the guy that might sometimes get on it, but doesn't go looking for trouble (honest ;) ). So, as I said before, I agree with you on this. :cheers: