Courtesy Lights In A 2005 V6

Nov 3, 2015
I recently purchased a 2005 V6 Coupe to limit the mileage on my classic 59 retractable, various 60 and 70s cars. My question is the only lights inside the car are the two above the rear view mirror. Owners manual doesn't mention any others. I installed a rearview mirror with compass and electronic dimming. I have some small LEDs I want to use as footwell lamps but will require quite a bit of wiring because the overheads have 12volts all the time and the negative is switched from the doors through the body control module to provide the dimming feature. The LEDs draw almost no current so I am not worried about damaging the module.
Now finally my question, does the factory harness already have footwell light wiring or do I have to run my own wires. Is there an online wireing diagram somewheres?
Thanks for your time,
Richard y

• Sponsors (?)

I added under dash foot well lights to my 2006 GT using some light fixtures from tailor clearance types with the color lenses removed. The bulb numbers are #168. They look great and dim with the overhead console lights. The wiring runs along the dash bottom , up the passenger side A pillar and tap into the over head console. The look reminds me of all of the old Fords that I have had with floor courtesy lighting.