Crashed my stang the first day I got it

• Sponsors (?)

sorry to hear. this is what i did, i got an 88 gt for my first car @ 16.

i took it out into a big parking lot and i did donuts. i heard chit from EVERYONE except my cousin who also got an 89 gt at 16 and wrecked it on wet roads. i learned how to HANDLE the car in the event the ass end kicks out.

practice turning and letting it come out, turning out of donuts, ect. i think that drivers education should adapt something similar so people know how to handle cars better personally.

not everyone will drive a rwd car or ever have something kick out, but once you learn how to react to it you never forget. i drive my light ass notch in the rain with 295's and it kicks out ALOT. its just casual reactions now.

ya im kinda in the same boat, i drive in the snow where im at for the next 3 weeks and its just second nature to me with the rear end kickin out at every turn in the snow.

+1, mine kicks out all the time with my cheap sumitomos but i guess im used to it so i know how to react. But, even so, there's some situations even a good driver cant avoid...
+2

It was dry today here in Atlanta, but I ran through a puddle that came from some sprinklers draining across the road. Long story short, I gave it a little gas going thru a turn about 1/4 mile away from said puddle and damn near looped my Stang! :rlaugh:

Reflexes and instincts saved my ass, since I know how to control my car when the ass gets sideways due to experience. A newb might have panicked. Moral of the story.............Get to know your car and its limits.............and don't buy chitty Sumitumo tires like deftsound and myself did.:nice:

it'd kick sideways when turning thru a intersection on the 1st to 2nd shift on dry roads.

+1 My 04 GT did this quite often, even when I baby'd it in light snow, the 1st to 2nd shift would have me breaking loose all over the road, and i'm sure it was much heavier then your notch back. BTW mine was auto, would chirp tires from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd :D

+2

It was dry today here in Atlanta, but I ran through a puddle that came from some sprinklers draining across the road. Long story short, I gave it a little gas going thru a turn about 1/4 mile away from said puddle and damn near looped my Stang! :rlaugh:

Reflexes and instincts saved my ass, since I know how to control my car when the ass gets sideways due to experience. A newb might have panicked. Moral of the story.............Get to know your car and its limits.............and don't buy chitty Sumitumo tires like deftsound and myself did.:nice:

i pegged it to the mat about half way through a u-turn, ive only had it for like a month lets just say i learned what it will do and i will think next time i try anything like that it was scary.
one thing i learned though is after every close call you will never forget what happened so atleast i will be expecting it now