Damn Citation!!!

bynummustang

Seen my other Jackstand?
Jul 24, 2005
NC State University
Well I got a facking citation. Damn State trooper got me. My speedo read 64, the limit was 55, and he clocked me at 70.

Nothing he did was wrong, so I can't get it thrown out. Well I know I was in the wrong 9 over, but I just want to get it down to 9 over, not 15 over, so my insurance won't go up.

• Sponsors (?)

that sucks, just dont do what my buddy did and youll be fine. he had his dad come up here for a ticket (hes hard of hearing) and his dad ending up telling the judge to F*** off and when the sheriffs went to restrain him my buddy pushed to sheriff. well now hes looking at another court date for assaulting a police officer. haha, and he thinks hes gonna get out of it

same thing happen to me my speedo read 70mph and i was doing 85... i didnt think he was going to give me a ticket but then he came back and said he was giving me a ticket for 9 over and was 84.00 and if we would of gave me the ticket for 10+mph over it was going to be 184 dollars! so i was happy but mad at the same time

93GTosu said:
shoulda asked to see the radar gun? :shrug:
? why exactly...do you think he had some kind of vandeta against him? I'm sure your aware that there is no "quota" to be filled...rather there is infact a unit that is assigned to traffic all shift 2 to three shifts a day...that's what they do...that's why they pulled him over. Sorry to hear about the ticket, I've had a few in my day.

you can go to a place and get a printout of your speedo being off. this can be caused by putting in different gears, a different trans, a diffrerent speedo or a different tire size. its really the only thing you can do. and before you go have a work order or some sort of proof that you corrected the speedo so it wont happen again and i bet you will get it reduced.

It could always be worse. You could drive one of them.
chevy_citation_iv_01.jpg

Attachments

• chevy_citation_iv_01.jpg
    chevy_citation_iv_01.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 59
DMAN302 said:
? why exactly...do you think he had some kind of vandeta against him? I'm sure your aware that there is no "quota" to be filled...rather there is infact a unit that is assigned to traffic all shift 2 to three shifts a day...that's what they do...that's why they pulled him over. Sorry to hear about the ticket, I've had a few in my day.

:scratch: well...no i dont think he had some vendetta against him...i just suggested looking at the radar to be 100% positive. I know the police aren't out there to "fill a quota." Infact i wasnt trying to say the cops were out to get him or anything like that!

Kevin was correct in his comment about getting your speedo re calibrated, and bringing in a reciept to prove it. most times a judge will reduce the chrage to what you thought you were doing. If the cop was using a Laser gun, which is what all departments in my area use now, you chances of beating that charge are about as good as winning the lottery. radar is now usually mounted in the car somewhere and can read out on an overhead display, or in some cases on a computer screen. If a cop has written enough tickets, he can write you a speeding ticket in Georgia by simply watching you drive past him, and estimating your speed. you can go to court and fight it of course, but of all the times i have seen it done, the speeder lost. You have every right to view the calibration certification of the laser gun itself, in georgia anyway, but your chances of the cop cutting you a break by say, writing the ticket for less than how fast you were actually going drop quite a bit.

I just talked to a few local cops that I know, and they know the State trooper, and they all say he's a diick. My civic(car was in) has stock size tires, stock gauges, and everything stock. But if it all is stock, why did my gauge read what it did?

I think I will just get a lawyer and go to traffic school to get it to 9 over, so no insurence points.

send a letter to the judge, attach a copy of your id so he knows the face of whos sending him the ticket, explaiin to him your situation tell, if you go to school or something, tell him you have to work to pay for everything and you realise what you did was wrong and it wont happen again, etc. Whats the worst that could happen he throws it away? I had a subsitute teacher, an old guy who is an ex cop for alot of years and he said to do this and it should work.