Decisions decisions.. used 08-10 GT or order '12 GT

Ok so I am a noob, and currently in the market for a GT Premium MT. Here is my dilemma, I can either pick up a low milage 08-10 GT or possibly order a '12 GT with the exact options/colors I want. To me it seems like a no brainer, if the finances are there, get the '12 for the 5.0 and better milage along with the full factory warranty. However, IF I find a suitable used low milage for the right price, I can get a much lower payment, and still have cash for some immediate upgrades. What would you do?? Order a '12 GT Prem 6MT with Brembo and HID pkgs, and be content for a while, or pick up an 08-10 and throw CAI/Tune, 19" wheels/tires, and upgrade the Shaker speakers, and possibly a Borla Stinger cat back? Now here is the best part, the wife prefers the '12 after we stopped at a local dealer and saw a '11 in the same color combo (black/brick red) with Brembos. Let me know what you would do.

• Sponsors (?)

I was right there in late Nov......I am now driving a 2011 GT/CS, manual......much more fun than the previous cars and I had a '07 GT Vert for three years..... Full warranty on a more powerful car....no adding necessary right away.....optioned as you want it....... Every "nice" 08-09 we looked at had some little thing....even a couple of Shelbys. I say do the new car.

That's not really a decision. You get the '12. If you can afford it, there's no real reason to go for anything else. Those mods you listed aren't really going to add much power, not even close to a 5.0.

Follow Up...

Ok so all of the overtime we were supposed to get got canceled, DARN computers worked perfectly OMFG!! So no 2012 GT. I found an 07 very clean with 25K miles for under $20K. Just waiting on a dealer transfer and I will start the paper work. Can't wait to get her home. Ill post pix as soon as I get them.

You can only get up to the speed limit so fast....right? Ha ha. I have a 10' and love it. I wouldn't mind a 12', but i'm happy with my 10'. You will love your car when you get it, and just like everyone you will get the itch to upgrade/personalize something. Now you will have the cash to do it and not worry about the factory warranty. Post pic when you get it!

I can think of two better options, get a used GT500 with more power a 6 spd and good brakes for less, or get a used '11 that someone else took the initial depreciation on for you. You can obviously find both of these cars still with a warranty.