Does anyone recognize these II's? SCCA @ Rt. 66

Gael

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2002
Tucson, AZ
111-1181_IMG.JPG

111-1190_IMG.JPG

A guy from another messageboard posted some pics, these two were in them. I just thought I'd share, and see if anyone recognized them?

Attachments

• 111-1181_IMG.JPG
    111-1181_IMG.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 115
  • 111-1190_IMG.JPG
    111-1190_IMG.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 117
  • Sponsors (?)

The red one is owned by a fellow by the name of Rick Ruth (not 100% sure on the name!) I beleive he was series champion in his area. Lots of mods to the car. I have chatted with him briefly a couple of times, since i am hopefully going to pursue road racing with my II. He seems to be a great guy, willing to help other II'ers. I have the name for the second car, but i will have to double check once i get home.

manny said:
where did he get those flairs?

I was thinking the same thing. (though there arent any flares on the front, even the factory flares appear to have been removed for clearance)
I've been eye-measuring wheel flairs on cars at my work, and so far, the largest factory flares I've seen were on a BMW M3, which stuck out from the body about 3 inches.
I've also heard there are aftermarket companies who produce universal flares in both fiberglass(ugh) and steel.

the flares from MAS for the II suck, they are made just to fit the factory opening.BUT the ones that they make for the 65-66 mustang in a competition style are looking real nice, really am thinking of getting a set.

Yes, I made the rear flares. It was a lot of work and has prevented me from attempting the front end. The black Mustang II is my daughter's. Mine is a 1977 and hers is a 1978 still undergoing some restoration. We autocross the cars on a regular basis. I run many events outside of the Chicago area, including every SCCA National Championship that has ever been. Since my daughter, Aimie, runs in the local Street Tire class, she doesn't run with her car outside of the area. She will begin driving my car at some away events later this year. I should mention that the picture shows my wife in the red car. She has also been an active competitor for 17+ years.

BTW, the maroon car is, indeed, a Datsun 280Z.

Rick Ruth