Done!

I'd pay less for an auto Stang than a five-speed. :D

Here's a question - is anyone here running a firewall adjuster or adjustable quadrant? I'm going to get some combo of the two and run it with a stock cable, wondering if anyone has experience with them.

Ash

• Sponsors (?)

anyone here running a firewall adjuster or adjustable quadrant?

yep, bunch of us. Stock cable and both of the above, I think mines a UPR or something like that, good brand. Makes it real nice to adjust the clutch the way you want it.

I believe every 2.3 guy I've talked with that runs one has found the quandrant works best w/ the cable on the 2nd (middle) of the 3 cable settings btw. And firewall adjustments are great. I never have touched mine after the initial install and a few miles of shifting to stretch the cable. Feel is way better than the stock stuff. My SVO is all mushy in comparison to the LX.

Excellent, that's probably what I'll be getting next then. UPR has a FWA and quadrant set for $60, but I've heard their customer service sucks. Isn't there somone here on SN who deals in UPR stuff?

Ash

140cilx said:
yep, bunch of us. Stock cable and both of the above, I think mines a UPR or something like that, good brand. Makes it real nice to adjust the clutch the way you want it.

I believe every 2.3 guy I've talked with that runs one has found the quandrant works best w/ the cable on the 2nd (middle) of the 3 cable settings btw. And firewall adjustments are great. I never have touched mine after the initial install and a few miles of shifting to stretch the cable. Feel is way better than the stock stuff. My SVO is all mushy in comparison to the LX.
I have the UPR stuff, and i had to use the back hook, probably from cable stretching. Speaking of which, how much is a ford replacement?

Beware too, UPR will say they have something in stock when they don't. Took me about a month to receive my quadrant and adjuster.