Alright....so I lied now I'm done....for now.
uploadfromtaptalk1463192963067.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I snuck back out and got in the distributor.... Assembly lube on the gear. No pic....but its done, too. Lol.

In the morning I hope to have the headers in and the trans and aluminum driveshaft bolted up. The ac compressor on and the nose off.

uploadfromtaptalk1463260974952.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1463260996900.jpg

By the way, I hit a snag today. One of the cheap v band clamps that came with the turbo kit stripped. They don't sell them local so I had to buy a metric tap and die set. Straightened it out and replaced the nut. No biggie....just cost me about an hour and a half. No one sells those things local.... I'll order some real v band clamps....but not today.

Man last night was a blur of beer and cold side piping. One of my sons first holy communions is today...so I'm sitting in the catholic church with a hangover trying to upload pics to this forum.

It won't work so ... I guess ... God wants me to put down my phone.[emoji298]

Reactions: 3 users
Out of the service now....

I used a piece of aluminum angle bolted to the bottom of my radiator to hold the ac condenser. Worked out great. The intercooler sandwiches it nicely.

All the plumbing fit well. The only issue has been that the clamps are just barely big enough to go around the couplers. It makes it difficult to start the nut without it flying off. The thread into the intercooler is 8 x 1.25. I used left over angle, aluminum strap, and existing bolt holes in the core support. I've still got small adjustments to make.
uploadfromtaptalk1463335575571.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1463335600732.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1463335614606.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1463335626758.jpg

I found out that my upper radiator hose outlet runs straight out of my radiator....into my air filter....gotta fix that.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, found out my cobra fog light hits the outlet side of the intercooler.... Gotta fix that too. Brake cooling ducts are out.....pipes run right behind the holes.

Here's a trick to work with all types of clamps used for tubing.

use-wire-to-close-v-band-clamp-jpg.556889

You will probably want to cut the wire off the clamp when you finish...

Attachments

• use wire to close V band clamp .jpg
    use wire to close V band clamp .jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:
Outlet from turbo is fixed. Had to cut 2 inches off the pipe and used an old 30 degree turbo coupler I had laying around.
uploadfromtaptalk1463360629637.jpg

Now you guys can see why I fabricated the front bumper.
uploadfromtaptalk1463360788982.jpg

I've still got so much to do. I'm trying to reuse a v8 jeep Cherokee fan. The fan fits the stock fan shroud decent with minor fab....but with this set up I had to trim the bottom portion of the fan shroud to clear the turbo piping. I think I can angle the fan in the shroud so it'll clear. We'll see how that works.

The other issue is I want the low and high speed functions to work. The relays are wired but I've got to find sensors to ground them. The BMW fan switch should work. Gotta get one and try it out.

The AC systems seems like it'll be an issue. I've got a new accumulator coming. Can't wait to tackle that.

The Quarter horse is on hold until I finish reinvestigating Mega Squirt. I'm pulled in so many directions. Smh.

Don't want to insult good info. The ford lightening had 42lb stock injectors....and ran 8 psi with stock blower....motor was also 5.4ci. some run 9-10 stock with intake and exhaust. I Ford has rocket science engineers to tune. I've got to try them for myself. ( I'm broke ) They may max out and I'll have to change them....or they may work for me. I'll data log when the time comes and I'll post every fail.

I really do appreciate all the info I've gotten from you guys. The problem is I started getting garnished and my funds are low. If I don't try this dumb ish then you guys wont see this car drive, under its own power, for about a year.

This way at least over a year you might see me build a dart block monster. I'm rolling the dice. I have an extra plenum gasket and can sell the injectors for a profit....nothing to loose.

Don't want to insult good info. The ford lightening had 42lb stock injectors....and ran 8 psi with stock blower....motor was also 5.4ci. some run 9-10 stock with intake and exhaust. I Ford has rocket science engineers to tune. I've got to try them for myself. ( I'm broke ) They may max out and I'll have to change them....or they may work for me. I'll data log when the time comes and I'll post every fail.

I really do appreciate all the info I've gotten from you guys. The problem is I started getting garnished and my funds are low. If I don't try this dumb ish then you guys wont see this car drive, under its own power, for about a year.

This way at least over a year you might see me build a dart block monster. I'm rolling the dice. I have an extra plenum gasket and can sell the injectors for a profit....nothing to loose.
Get the 42lbs turn the fuel pressure up to 50lbs.... what fuel pump do you have? You will need a gss255 high pressure pump.
Better to be safe than sorry.

I was going to post a pic....but they won't upload.

I have a new issue....I installed the upper plenum today and found out the intake tube doesn't line up. Its not the fault of on3. I'm sure it has something to do with my 1 inch spacer below my systemax intake.

The throttle body coupler was a bear to get on ( 75mm) but it went on with some persuasion.

My 2.5 inch cowl hood just pushes on the throttle body coupler. I'll fix that, too.

When I install the MAF I'll be able to open up the hole the piping goes through and line up the coupler. Good thing is....it gets the piping off the back of the turbo.

I've been searching for a BMW e36 high/low fan switch. BMWs run between 185 and 207 degrees....perfect for mustang temp control ( I think )

We'll see what happens from here.

Found mega squirt 2 for 310 shipped. Has to be built....I've seen the thread on here but need to know how much more stuff I'd need to buy to get it operational. It's from DIYautotune. @Boosted92LX @a91what
If you are going down that path buy the diypnp unit. But to be honest it's not for the faint of heart, seriously weigh the options you have to tune the thing yourself. Not trying to stop you or talk you out of it at all I love mine. Just playing devils advocate.

I bought the pnp 2 and an innovate lc2 wideband for about 900 bucks shipped to the house and ready to go. I think i paid another 60 or 80 for the deluxe software with tuner studio and the megalog viewer for datalogging. It's a shiny toy, but I've yet to learn how to use it all yet. I think I need a young person like @hoopty5.0 to walk me thru it...

I'm the guy that held out on buying a smart phone..

Think I may buy the kit. There's so much knowledge in this forum. Glad to know if I dig myself too deep someone here can help dig me out. I like QH but the MS seems the way to go......plus I wont have to buy a MAF...win win.
@hoopty5.0 @Boosted92LX @a91what @Davedacarpainter last but not least @jrichker

P.s. I held on to my flip phone until the screen stopped working. Usually it takes about 5 years of research before I buy new technology....by then its old and cheap. Lol

Edit; there are so many knowledgeable people here that I didn't name....Thanx guys for all your input...the saga continues.

Last edited:
The ac lines worked out....I had to run one behind the alternator bracket and make a couple bends to the one coming out the firewall. Everything seems to be far enough away from extreme heat....everything will end up sleeved or wrapped so I think that part will work.
uploadfromtaptalk1463702074503.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1463702117921.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1463702163411.jpg

The ac accumulator is another story.
uploadfromtaptalk1463702278704.jpg

The bottom of it rests on the down pipe. I need a new one so before I do anything drastic I need to fit that one and see how it goes.
This install has been easier than I expected. Guess thy worked out some bugs over the last few years.

Has anyone relocated an accumulator, receiver/dryer ? Sure that I could cut and flare it with a union to extend the tubes....the bracket fab would be a piece of cake. Any ideas ?

Ok, I walked out to the shop and took a pic. I can't believe how dirty it is back there! I need to build my new engine so i can clean and paint my engine bay when the old engine comes out...

Anyway, I chopped the engine side of the bracket and notched the fender side so it would slide over:
image.jpeg